[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Tell us your secrets, unleash your bot's code!

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:17 am Advanced search

Tell us your secrets, unleash your bot's code!

Share and discuss ideas for your entries here.

Re: Tell us your secrets, unleash your bot's code!

Postby Xrillo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:02 am

Xrillo
Captain

Postby Manwe56 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:59 pm

Attachments
ShowGame.zip
Modified visualizer. Rename it in ShowGame.jar for use
(70.89 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Manwe56_final.zip
Manwe56 final submission. Rename it in .jar for direct use
(69.39 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
Manwe56
Lieutenant

Postby krokokrusa » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:39 am

Profile:
Final Rank: 350
Language: Java
Source:

Unofficial rank: ~700
Language: C++
Source:
krokokrusa
Cadet

Postby ludakris » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:38 pm

Profile:
Final Rank: 122
Final Source:
Rewrite Source:
Post Mortem:

I did a simple iterative approach to making a bot. I added new abilities, did regression against my bots, ran on Dhartmei, etc. I did TDD calculation related logic and some complicated list/collection methods. I discuss my bot in more depth in my post mortem.

My bot played out the current state of the board to determine the known future, and only did attacks using a single source planet per turn (no coordinated multi-planet attack).

The bot that I ended up submitting was the final version of what was really meant to be a good test bot which was left largely unchanged for the last month of the contest. I started down a path of rewriting my bot so that I could have better modelling around creating future state of an entire Universe and to add in a Reservation system for coordinated multi-planet attacks. The rewrite never reached a point where it was better than the test bot (though very close, likely would have been in the top 200). This was especially unfortunate because when the map generator changed, my test bot dropped from the 50s and 60s to about 150, but I continued to invest my time in the rewrite.

Overall, this was a great competition. I look forward to the next one.
ludakris
Cadet

Postby GreenTea » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Post about my bot (russian)
Source code:
GreenTea
Major

Postby InvaderZim » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:44 pm

Profile:
Final Rank: 395
Final Source:

The post mortem will be coming in a bit. Haven't had time to get to it yet.
InvaderZim
Cadet

Postby eashoka » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Estimated Rating : 3270 - 3280
Estimated Rank : 60 - 70
Language : Java
Source, tournament Results and rating calculation :

Why this talk about estimated ranks and ratings ? Find the full story here please :

In short, I ran a local contest since I joined the competition way too late. (details on results and rating calculation of this can be found in the excel final-results.xls downloadable from the url)

Special thanks to GreenTea, Smloh, Manwe56, Deccan, Exaide, Ludakris, Eburnette, InvaderZim and zvold for submitting your java code and made it all possible for me. You guys really made my day! (or two months really). I have a lot of admiration for you all. Will put few analysis on your bots (what I saw while running them for two months :-) ) on the mentioned blog above.

If any of you have still time and passion left for the Planet Wars, you can run the provided tournament code (I just modified the PlayGame.jar slightly in Engine.java) and let me know your thoughts.

Best of luck for all in the upcoming competition!! Looking forward to meet you guys (and your bots)
eashoka
Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Strategy