[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Prelim brag thread

It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:27 am Advanced search

Prelim brag thread

Share and discuss ideas for your entries here.

Prelim brag thread

Postby rwa » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:42 am

My first bot beats:

ProspectorBot 100/100 in 112 turns on avg
RageBot 89/100 in 70 turns on avg
DualBot 99/100 in 86 turns on avg

How are you doing so far?
rwa
Lieutenant

Re: Prelim brag thread

Postby mgodfrey » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:50 pm

How did you get those numbers? Is there some script we can run to try our bot against other bots and all sample maps? Being able to go "perl bottrial.pl MyBot TheirBot", and get back a set of stats on your bot's performance would be super handy.

Should I maybe work from this thing?
mgodfrey
Cadet

Postby rwa » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:09 pm

I wrote a small shell script to run my bot against other bots across all maps.
rwa
Lieutenant

Postby jeff.cameron » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:50 am

Hey rwa. That script is a really great idea. I think a lot of people could have a use for that. Do you mind sharing the script so we can include it in all the starter packages?

Also, I want to hook you up with a contest account ahead of the official release so that we can get as much feedback as possible from you. Any issues or annoyances that you help us fix before the contest gets released into the wild could save potentially hundreds of people a huge headache. Can I PM you with the details?

Anyone else interested in helping to test? I will create a batch of accounts and hand 'em out.
jeff.cameron
Contest Organizer

Postby Zaph » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:44 am

Zaph
Colonel

Postby Mathnerd314 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:10 am

Mathnerd314
Lieutenant

Postby jeff.cameron » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:53 am

I just handed out a few accounts in the IRC channel a few moments ago. I will probably do the same tomorrow evening. Hopefully catch you then. I would like to get you guys submitting some bots and giving the backend a bit of a workout before we open up the contest to the world on Friday. The IRC channel is #aichallenge on irc.freenode.net.
jeff.cameron
Contest Organizer

Postby rwa » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:07 am

rwa
Lieutenant

Postby sgricci » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:21 am

sgricci
Cadet

Postby seigen » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:26 pm