[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Who wants to share??

It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:52 pm Advanced search

Who wants to share??

Share and discuss ideas for your entries here.

Who wants to share??

Postby pjreddie » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:33 pm

The servers are slow at getting games and I'd like to test out my code against more than just the standard bots. Therefore I'm posting my code in hopes that others will do the same and I can use your bots to test mine. I'll just post the necessary code as an attachment.

Edit: Alright since I guess someone could take my code and submit it and that would suck for anyone else playing fairly, I'll just put the binary up, and encourage others to do the same! (I labelled it a .doc cause it didn't like the original extension, but it's the binary, hope you are running x86-64)
Attachments
0.2.doc
(126.38 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Last edited by pjreddie on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
pjreddie
Cadet

Re: Who wants to share??

Postby hexist » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:59 pm

Check out the TCP service

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=424

lets you play your bot against other bots in real time, your code never leaves your box..
hexist
Cadet

Postby fleandr » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:24 pm

too complex to use other service.
I can share my old code. Better than examples. Not complex though
Ranked around 300 on 16sep.10
Attachments
java_s.zip
(11.52 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
fleandr
Cadet

Postby kporter » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:06 pm

here are my old versions (JAR FILES) ... BB says jar files not allowed so rename from .zip to .jar
Tlon_Uqbar1.0.zip
Tlon_Uqbar1.0
(9.27 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
1.0 and 1.1 tend to be better in close combat btw
Tlon_Uqbar1.1.zip
Tlon_Uqbar1.1
(9.87 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

Tlon_Uqbar2.0.zip
Tlon_Uqbar2.0
(12.99 KiB) Downloaded 181 times

See 2.0 in action here. Not the best bot.. in top 100 as of now but this replay was sweet :D
kporter
Cadet

Postby Terr » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:42 pm

Terr
Brigadier-General

Postby RebelXT » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:50 am

as hexist mentioned, TCP server is the way to go for bot testing. It takes two minutes to get your bot running against other people's bots. You don't need to send your code anywhere, you get to play a new game every two minutes on average, and you get to keep all of the debug logs from your bot. It's awesome for debugging.
RebelXT
Colonel

Postby thomasz » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:20 am

I just want to mention that decompiling jars is a trivial thing to do.
thomasz
Cadet

Postby pjreddie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:33 pm

I disagree. I use the tcp server but lack of repeatability is a significant drawback. I need to focus on improving on certain maps and strategies, not getting my code to compile and run without errors. Being able to do repeated experiments is more useful than playing a ton of random games on tcp. Plus my connection sucks so i keep dcing and timing out from tcp.

Edit: plus honestly I'm not worried about people "stealing" my code since it's not like i'm not gonna make it better anyway. If you wanna take my code and submit it, go for it, my next version will be better anyway.
pjreddie
Cadet

Postby gerard » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:13 pm

gerard
Cadet

Postby RebelXT » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:14 pm

RebelXT
Colonel

Next

Return to Strategy