[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Getting Started in anything other than Java

It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:34 am Advanced search

Getting Started in anything other than Java

Code won't compile? Found a bug? Post here!

Getting Started in anything other than Java

Postby Brondahl » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:41 pm

Hi,

Could someone point me at some instructions for how to get started in C#.
Specifically, I've no idea what to do at the point at which the Java setup uses the command "javac *.java"
I've had a look around, and I can't find it so sorry if I've been completely blind but ...

I assume that javac is the java compiler.
And all the non-code files look like java related files, so am I supposed to be giving java the # files to compile, or giving a C# compiler the cs files and telling it to make java files, or what?
When I search for javac on my computer I get no hits, but I can run the visualizer. I've had a look and I've appear to have JRE 6.What do I specifically need to have installed?

If I don't need to do anything with java at all.
Then what should i be doing?
All my C# has been in Vis. Studios, is this challenge compatible with developing in VS? If so how? If not, the what do I have to do to compile C# in the appropriate format from command line?

I've had a look around, and I can't find answers to these (despite them sounding like fairly basic questions) so sorry if I've been completely blind.
Equally, if I knew which of the above things I had to do I could probably figure it out on my own. But I don't want to be spending a couple of hours trying to get method x to work only to discover that I should have been doing method y.

Thanks for your help.
Brondahl.
Brondahl
Cadet

Re: Getting Started in anything other than Java

Postby Demerzel » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:14 am

Demerzel
Colonel

Postby Innominate » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:06 am

As an example, if your bot is located at "C:\PlanetWars\Bot\MyBot.exe", you would pass that string as the argument for your bot. You can also use the relative addressing notation ("..\" means "go up a folder", so if the game player (not visualiser) is in "C:\PlanetWars\Tools" you could use the relative address "..\Bot\MyBot.exe". Although I don't work from the Windows command line very often, so it's possible that that command would only be valid if you were actually in "C:\PlanetWars\Tools" already.
Innominate
Captain

Postby siconize » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:41 am

siconize
Captain

Return to Technical Issues