[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - html-visu : testing bots in local (using HTML viewer)

It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:12 pm Advanced search

html-visu : testing bots in local (using HTML viewer)

Code won't compile? Found a bug? Post here!

html-visu : testing bots in local (using HTML viewer)

Postby zorun_ » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:15 pm

Hello,

I wrote a simple bash script that makes use of the HTML viewer of the ai-contest website (which is written in javascript).
As a game engine, it is using the one written by Albert in C++ ( viewtopic.php?f=18&t=550 )
(btw, thanks to you Albert, this is a great job)

It is very useful to me (the Java viewer is really crap...), as the interface is exactly the same as the one of the website.
I hope someone finds it also useful !

You just have to untar the file (like "tar xvf html-visu-2.2.tar.gz") and follow the instructions of the README.
Note that it is meant to run on Linux... It should run on any Unix system almost out-of-the-box (uses only bash, awk, sed, make, g++, and a browser of course)

Any bug report, comments, suggestions... just post it here.

EDIT: updated to version 2.2, added planet ID display
Attachments
html-visu-2.2.tar.gz
HTML viewer for Linux
(136.39 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Last edited by zorun_ on Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zorun_
Cadet

Re: html-visu : testing bots in local (using HTML viewer)

Postby jgonera » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:16 pm

Gzip says the archive is not in gzip format.
jgonera
Lieutenant

Postby zorun_ » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:45 pm

You're right, sorry.
Fixed it.
zorun_
Cadet

Postby Cynddl » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:43 pm

Awesome :D
Thanks for this tool zorun_ !
Cynddl
Cadet

Postby naaisekar » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:17 am

Awesome tool !
But then there are errors in Planetwars cpp implementation I guess.
Just try playing two RandomBots together in a Random map

I got
./do_visu.sh RandomBot RandomBot
RandomBot is a bot
RandomBot is a bot

Dropping player 1 because of invalid order: 0 9 12
Dropping player 2 because of invalid order: 0 9 12
Turn 1
Draw!
naaisekar
Cadet

Postby zorun_ » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:32 am

I didn't test RandomBot, but you are right.

(it is Albert's fault, not mine ! :P )

Anyway, i don't think RandomBot is at all useful...
zorun_
Cadet

Postby zerosnake0 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:07 am

It really awsome !!! Now I can replay easily !!!

but can u add a PlanetID on each planet just like in the gameviewer of albert ?
and if i change the turn numbers. the time line below wont change the size, is there any solution?

Thanks!
zerosnake0
Cadet

Postby zorun_ » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:13 pm

It seems that the 200 turns value is hard-coded in the js viewer from the website.
It shouldn't be that difficult to pass it as a parameter, I'll look into that.

Concerning the planet ID, I believe it is quite a challenge to do... That means tweaking the js viewer :?
I am no javascript-hero ; I'll look into it, but feel free to do it yourself (and, of course, contribute ;) ). The viewer is in "js/visualizer.js"
zorun_
Cadet

Postby zorun_ » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:11 pm

I just uploaded version 2.2 of the viewer.

It now displays the planet ID on the map.
zorun_
Cadet

Postby jeff.cameron » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:56 pm

jeff.cameron
Contest Organizer

Return to Technical Issues