[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Bugs

It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:31 pm Advanced search

Bugs

Code won't compile? Found a bug? Post here!

Bugs

Postby mightyfez » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:50 pm

Hi

I'm using the python starter package, and some of these problems are caused by the starter package while others might be caused by the java game engine.
1) for fleets, fleet.DestinationPlanet() doesn't seem to work (crashes the python)
2) sometime the game ends in a draw as both sides lose control of all planets and fleeets for no reason
3) Sometimes my program times out, generally on round 90. While this could be a problem with my code I doubt it, as normally it runs in much less then 1 sec.
mightyfez
Cadet

Re: Bugs

Postby zed » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:48 am

zed
Cadet

Postby mhlakhani » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:25 pm

mhlakhani
Cadet

Postby jeff.cameron » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:54 am

You guys rock! Did you know that you can actually help us resolve issues like this quickly by check out the source code at code.google.com/p/ai-contest and sending us a patch? In fact, the Python starter package was created by another contestant a few days ago in just this way!

I can implement the bug fixes pointed out in this thread in the coming days, no problem. However, I really love it when people file a bug ticket in the issue tracker and attach a patch file! *hint* *hint*
jeff.cameron
Contest Organizer

Postby mhlakhani » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:47 am

I checked the source, apparently my change has been patched already:
http://code.google.com/p/ai-contest/sou ... netWars.py
Will try to write a patch if I find anything else.
mhlakhani
Cadet

Postby a_babo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:16 pm

All python files has DOS line ending, i.e. '\r\n', that breaks the shebang line with an error message like this:
env: python\r: No such file or directory

What do you guys suggest as a cross-plaform solution? Probably deleting the shebang line and call it like ''env python ./MyBot.py' is good enough?

/Attila
a_babo
Cadet

Postby jeff.cameron » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:16 am

I think I have fixed these bugs now. Can someone download the Python starter package and confirm that the new package works okay? If there are more bugs, of course report those, too!
jeff.cameron
Contest Organizer

Return to Technical Issues