[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - [New Language]Clojure Starter Package

It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:39 pm Advanced search

[New Language]Clojure Starter Package

Code won't compile? Found a bug? Post here!

Re: [New Language]Clojure Starter Package

Postby a_babo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:34 pm

timeout is specified by command line as max_turn_time, just use something like 3000 should be enough:
java -jar tools/PlayGame.jar maps/map51.txt 3000 1000 war.log 'java -hotspot -jar clj-pwars-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-standalone.jar' 'java -hotspot -jar example_bots/RageBot.jar'

Here are my modifications to project.clj and bot.clj: http://gist.github.com/568977
Last edited by a_babo on Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a_babo
Cadet

Re: Clojure Starter Package

Postby a_babo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:49 pm

a_babo
Cadet

Re: Clojure Starter Package

Postby ztellman » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:21 pm

ztellman
Cadet

Postby ihodes » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:28 pm

I apologize for the buggy version I've released.

I have some fixes up, and will try to make sure it all works before posting an updated version. I've finally had some time to sit down and work on it, rather than hurriedly hack it up. (I'm packing up for college, hence the rush).

Give me a bit, and a new version will be up with an updated README and a working bot.

I plan on then writing documentation for the API, then getting to work on a bot of my own :)

Cheers,
Isaac
ihodes
Lieutenant

Postby a_babo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:35 pm

Here is a git repo of a cleaned-up version of Isaac's code, please try it out: http://github.com/babo/clojure-google-ai-pack

Use lein uberjar to generate MyBot.jar which should be used as java -jar MyBot.jar. The initial startup time is still slow:
time java -jar MyBot.jar < /dev/null
java -jar MyBot.jar < /dev/null 1.59s user 0.14s system 128% cpu 1.346 total
Last edited by a_babo on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a_babo
Cadet

Postby ihodes » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:38 pm

Here's my official repo:

http://github.com/ihodes/ai-contest-planet-wars-clj

Should all be working, including the bot, with updated README and explicit instructions favoring Leiningen's uberjar!

Cheers,
Isaac
ihodes
Lieutenant

Postby a_babo » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:53 pm

There is a new version of my fork of Isaac's code, the main addition is at input processing where the code is a bit faster and hopefully cleaner. Installation instructions are also improved, both Unix and Windows versions of Leiningen are included, the project is "self hosting". A test script added to check your bot against the examples. It's possible to use logging which helps a lot for debugging your code, all configuration options are included.

Please check it out:
http://github.com/babo/clojure-google-ai-pack

/Attila
a_babo
Cadet

Postby ihodes » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:03 pm

Seems a little strange you've attaching a license to my code…and though I've offered to work with you to make one repository that would help all Clojure participants, you've ignored me.

Regardless, I should note here that I am also adding to/speeding up the code in the repo I posted above. It appears as though both repos would make good starter packs, and although I'm a little upset by the way this has gone, I still hope that Clojure is supported in this contest!
ihodes
Lieutenant

Postby a_babo » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:43 pm

a_babo
Cadet

Postby ihodes » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:57 am

Fantastic! I'm glad to work with you–I just pulled in some of your changes and sent a lengthy reply to you on Github! I'm happy to work with you, and can't wait to use my bot!
ihodes
Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Issues