[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Bot testing application for Windows [version 2.0.3]

It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:33 am Advanced search

Bot testing application for Windows [version 2.0.3]

Code won't compile? Found a bug? Post here!

Bot testing application for Windows [version 2.0.3]

Postby Ceridan » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:19 pm

Now the most recent version (version 2.0.3 currently) you can see here too:

Debug version:

Version 2.0.3 Notes:
- Now fight total label updates on fly. So you can see win/lose/draw information immidiatly after each fight was finished.
- Added average turns number statistic in the fight total label.
- Added 'Command' column to the grid. You can see command which was executed to run this fight. So it coan be useuful for debugging this application. You can always save the value from the cell to clipboard (Ctrl+C) and then paste (Ctrl+V) it to command line and execute to test how it works.
- Fights tab scaling changed a bit (specially for Hazard :) ) and now you can resize two parts of the fights tab (if you move mouse to the border between progress bar and 'Galcon Bot Testing Arena result' panel you will see that cursor will changed and you can drag it to resize the panels).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

I needed to test my bots on different maps versus all example bots and other my bots. I'm looking for the forum and found this topic . There are two nice solutions but I use Windows, know nothing about power shell and I want visual form of display results :)

So I decide to write my own application to test my bots. It allows to test your bots on different maps with different groups of opponents. Shows results in gridview and shows basic statistic and allows to watch matches. And i decide to share it with community, maybe some new users will found it useful :)
Example screen:

Application will create 3 folders: 'logs', 'results' and 'viewer_inputs' to keep different logs.
It works a bit slowly because application writes all fight logs, stdout and stderr for each fight in files but I hope it isn't big problem :)
It was written on C# and I use nothing special except System.Diagnostics.Process class to execute command line to start fights.

IMPORTANT: Currently it allows to use bots only with two types of extensions: .exe and .jar

So .NET Framework 2.0 is required (maybe 1.0, but don't test yet).

Sorry for my english :) And I hope this application will help you to improve your bots :)

P.S. Any advice or bug reports are welcome!
Attachments
GalconBotTestingArena.zip
(14.04 KiB) Downloaded 555 times
Last edited by Ceridan on Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Ceridan
Colonel

Re: Bot testing application for Windows

Postby iouri_ » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:59 pm

iouri_
Brigadier-General

Postby BarsMonster » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:46 pm

Awesome app, but I suggest running it in firewalled environment as long as no sources available ;-)

Hints:
Make paths editable, so that I don't have to use that inconvenient dialog

Make number of prcesses configurable - how many bots run in parallel, so that guys with lots of CPU cores can do the testing faster/slower :-)

Allow the interrupt a process

Update results table in-the-fly
BarsMonster
Lieutenant

Postby Ceridan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:52 am

Ceridan
Colonel

Postby Ceridan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:33 pm

Now you can find my application on github :)

Ceridan
Colonel

Postby artyom_shegeda » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:12 am

1. can you design this tool as multi-threaded to prevent freeze?
2. "Stop" button is necessary
artyom_shegeda
Lieutenant

Postby fleandr » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:03 am

it will be nice if you add multiple maps testing
fleandr
Cadet

Postby Ceridan » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:04 am

Ceridan
Colonel