[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Watch games on an updated visualizer.js

It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:07 pm Advanced search

Watch games on an updated visualizer.js

Code won't compile? Found a bug? Post here!

Watch games on an updated visualizer.js

Postby spz » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:46 am

In short check this out : http://spz.nofate.com/planetwars/visualizer/

Non ADHD version:

For some time I wanted to watch the games from the official server on an updated visualizer. I could view source and copy & paste the game data, but I thought that's just too much work for a lazy person like myself. I thought of creating a Firefox GreaseMonkey / Chrome equivalent add-on that would switch server's visualizer with my own, but decided to take this route instead.

Take the game_id variable from your game (URL), paste it into this tool, click go, and watch your game on the updated visualizer. The site fetches the game data from the official server (or dhartmei's TCP server), and displays it for your viewing pleasure. You should also be able to copy & paste the game outcome from the engine and paste it directly into the text area found below.

If admins of the servers decide they do not want the tool to fetch game data, let me know and I'll take it offline.

To be clear, I do not claim I've made all the visualizer's updates: graphing of growth rates, planet IDs, timeline (clickable & draggable, awesome!). Other members of this community are responsible for these. You can view most of them here: http://github.com/DanielVF/Planet-Wars- ... er/network. I've added the slowdown/speedup options, which I don't even use as I normally watch my games turn by turn using my keyboard.

Thank you visualizer.js contributors! Thank you UNOFFICIAL New Python Kit contributors! Thank you everyone else for sharing your tools, sources, strategies, and random thoughts! Thank you contest organizers! :)

PS. Adding turn by turn bot debug logs to visualizer.js using visualize_localy.py helps tremendously in debugging my bot!
spz
Captain

Re: Watch games on an updated visualizer.js

Postby Demerzel » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:34 am

after looking at a couple of my games on the tcp server(the ONLY ONES I CAN PLAY ARGGH C#), some feedback:

it's got some weird flickery thing on mouseover i don't know if that's just java/firefox/whatever but it's on planet mouseover, and weirdly it's only on the example one you posted like when i look at my game on tcp server (example:http://spz.nofate.com/planetwars/visualizer/?game_id=510953&server=tcp) it doesn't do it but your example one does
every game i've seen so far everything(ie pops and all the rest except the green p#) has all the same 8pt font except p0 has 10-12pt bold like normal - at the very least the population should stay readable it doesn't center right with the tiny font either
also move the score off the top or format it to 4 digits - look at that link i posted - it had "retybok-1cb053e (145/3) v.s. demerzel_debug (2998/81)" across the top and it was jumping up and down like crazy when we hit the 4 digit marks

edit: never mind the flickery thing is intentional it just doesn't do it post-game - i must say i don't care for it
Demerzel
Colonel

Postby spz » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:24 am

spz
Captain

Postby Ice_Harley » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:41 am

Awesome vizualizer, thanks!
Ice_Harley
Captain

Postby luismi » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:10 am

This is great! thanks!
luismi
Lieutenant

Postby codeRage » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:19 am

Thanks. This is really good! Admins, could we please get this updated visualizer as the default visualizer? It shouldn't be hard to make the switch.
codeRage
Major

Postby lavalamp » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:12 am

Wow, that's great!
lavalamp
Colonel

Postby Demerzel » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Demerzel
Colonel