[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - beat aigamedev bot for prizes

It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 5:28 am Advanced search

beat aigamedev bot for prizes

Random stuff about the contest, posts that don't fit in the other forums.

Re: beat aigamedev bot for prizes

Postby aigamedev » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:42 am

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support! Thanks jcothran for posting this too.

It's exactly why we provided the AiGameDev.com PLUS prize for beating our official bot. Our goal is to give some extra motivation for people entering the contest even if they don't expect to win! We (my wife & I, who run the company) feel it's generally very useful to encourage people who are interested in this field to take it further. We'll probably do the same sponsoring and entering our own bot for various contests, for example at the CIG (Computational Intelligence in Games) and AIIDE (Artificial Intelligence in Digital Entertainment) conferences -- or even our own Paris Game AI Conference in the future.

We believe the content is very useful and interesting, but you will no doubt find out soon enough!

Demerzel, thanks for your cynicism :-) Of course our sponsorship is PR-motivated, but not like you think! Typically, we put more into providing material for students than we get out of it. The reason we do it is because we love what we do and we think it's a fascinating field that people could be interested in, just like the AI Challenge itself. The difference is we'd like to show you how interesting it can be to work on commercial game AI, and not just AI applied to mini-games.

The prizes cannot be "cashed" (it's not a cash prize) and memberships are officially not transferable; if you'd like to donate your prize maybe we can arrange that though. If you're not interested in game AI, that's fine and you can of course continue to enjoy the PlanetWars contest without expecting to get anything.

Best of luck everyone!

Alex Champandard
Owner & Technical Director
AiGameDev.com KG

P.S. There's a new version of our official bot almost ready and coming up, but unfortunately I don't have as much time as I'd like to dedicate to it... I guess that's a good thing for you guys though :-)
aigamedev
Cadet

Postby aigamedev » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:36 am

Unfortunately, Jeff didn't post about the prizes anywhere on the main site as we had agreed beforehand, in fact he didn't even mention us once despite a couple reminders by email. It's probably the worst sponsorship deal ever. :-(

In short, I'm really not sure if the prizes were even approved nor if he intended to ever send them out...

Alex
aigamedev
Cadet

Postby Torquemada2 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi Alex!

Thank you for sponsorship, you are the only company that propose some prizes.:) From Google contest get only its name. I knew your site
much earlier before the contest started so your prizes will be interesting for me. My bot: http://ai-contest.com/profile.php?user_id=8481

How it's possible for me and my brother get your subscriptions?

Sincerely yours.
Viktor
Torquemada2
Captain

Postby aigamedev » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:15 am

aigamedev
Cadet

Postby siconize » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:15 pm

siconize
Captain

Postby Meatkat » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:15 pm

Hey all,

Went ahead and checked out the site myself and it seems legit (once you get past the giant $/month signup thing). There is a pretty large community there discussing game ai development. Also there are some pretty cool resources. My favorite is here: http://aigamedev.com/insider/presentati ... ior-trees/ (though of course you have to sign up for a free account to see it).
Meatkat
Lieutenant

Postby RebelXT » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:21 pm

Alex, thanks for deciding to issue the prizes! I was really looking forward to it.

BOT: http://ai-contest.com/profile.php?user_id=5853
USER: rebelxt
RebelXT
Colonel

Postby barabanus » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:05 pm

(empty)
Last edited by barabanus on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
barabanus
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby aigamedev » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:06 pm

barabanus, follow the instructions or I can't give you the prize :-) What's your aigamedev username?
aigamedev
Cadet

Postby barabanus » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:08 pm

If the prize limit isn't exceeded, I'd like to join ai gamedev community for several monthes as a prize.

BOT:
USER: barabanus
barabanus
Lieutenant-Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Misc