It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:27 am Advanced search

Forgot my password

Random stuff about the contest, posts that don't fit in the other forums.

Forgot my password

Postby stawberry » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:20 pm

Well, that didn't take long. Silly me.

I don't see a way to reset it. Can the moderators help me, please?

le
stawberry
Cadet

Re: Forgot my password

Postby Mistmanov » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:37 pm

Based on numerous previous threads with the same problem (including one of mine :oops: ), I'm guessing that the "official" policy is just to make a new account, and this time write your password down somewhere.

(I know I'm not a mod, but the mods are pretty busy and don't always reply to these kinds of threads (case in point: I waited 4 days with the same "lost my password problem!" without getting a reply))
Mistmanov
Colonel

Postby bucephalus » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:44 pm

I'm in the same boat. I guess I'll just create another account?

When I signed up for the forums after signing up to submit a bot, apparently chrome replaced its saved password for my submission account with the password for my forums account. Having two different accounts with the same username at the same domain really confused it (and me)...

I'd really like some way to recover my account, though, if at all possible.
bucephalus
Cadet

Postby Janzert » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:30 pm

In this situation, come to the IRC channel (See global announcement at the top of all forums) and see if one of the organizers there can help you (Amstan is the most likely). Failing that you can create another account, but follow what Mistmanov did and note in your "About Me" section the account you are replacing or you risk having all your accounts disabled.

Janzert
Janzert
Contest Organizer

Return to Misc