[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - I faced myself!

It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:30 pm Advanced search

I faced myself!

Random stuff about the contest, posts that don't fit in the other forums.

I faced myself!

Postby Kyunez » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:06 pm

Do not know, how it could happened, but i had a game against myself.
Also those two bots of mine played different, instead of the fact I do not use Random))
Here is the game:
http://www.ai-contest.com/visualizer.ph ... id=6820190
Kyunez
Lieutenant

Re: I faced myself!

Postby paul_mcquesten » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:02 pm

Would be interesting to know how that affected your ELO....
paul_mcquesten
Lieutenant

Postby voidptr » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:20 pm

voidptr
Brigadier-General

Postby DGL_Flash » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:27 pm

I think those different behaviours could come from rounding errors for distances.
But as said: Its not good that the server did create that game... This is a bug I think!
DGL_Flash
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Kyunez » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:46 pm

If anyone noticed, after you submit new version of your bot, it plays few games with very short time interval right after compilation. I suppose that new version of my bot was submitted, but the previous one has not been removed from the server yet. This two version could face each other. That gives explanation why one of them won.

Anyway organizers should take care of such situations.
Kyunez
Lieutenant

Postby Janzert » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:57 pm

Yep, that is certainly wierd and a bug somewhere. There was a problem before with some old submissions left active and playing. But in this case if you look at the game data it actually is the same submission playing against itself.

Janzert
Janzert
Contest Organizer

Postby smiley1983 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:26 pm

Regarding the creation of asymmetries in self-vs-self contests:

I recently had this problem, and tracked it down to an error in putting fleet arrivals into an array: previous values were being lost in some cases, which meant the order of planet processing became important. So although my bot refers to itself and the opponent with `We and `They tags, it was behaving differently according to whether it was player 1 or player 2.

Not saying you have the same problem, just giving an example of a bug which can produce asymmetrical behaviour.
smiley1983
Colonel

Return to Misc