It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:07 pm Advanced search

BattleCode Anyone?

Random stuff about the contest, posts that don't fit in the other forums.

BattleCode Anyone?

Postby Meatkat » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:40 am

Hey everyone, I hope you are finding a way to deal with the 'what am I going to do with myself' syndrome since the contest has ended.

I'm thinking of participating in the next BattleCode competition (https://www.battlecode.org/info/) which runs Jan-March. It's an annual competition hosted by MIT which has only recently been opened to the public. So far the open competition has been dominated by MIT. I'm hoping this year will be different.

I figure that we have a lot of talent here and could put together a very solid team. I'm starting a team and looking for people who placed well in PW (top100 would be nice, but it's not a hard limit) and would be excited to take on BattleCode. If you're interested PM/email me and we'll chat.

If you're planning to start a team and want another team to bounce ideas off of / scrimmage, let me know. I'd be nice to have some sort of unity against the sea of MIT entries we'll be facing.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the tournament and especially to those who organized/contributed. It was a lot of fun!
Meatkat
Lieutenant

Re: BattleCode Anyone?

Postby bix0r4ever » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:11 pm

Sounds interesting. I will check the details and get back to you in the next days :)
bix0r4ever
Cadet

Postby Meatkat » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:31 pm

Hey all,

This has generated quite a bit of interest already. We're probably looking at forming a couple teams (hopefully more). I'm thinking along the lines of grouping people together based on their development styles and preferences, time commitments, etc... I'm hoping this will form the optimal team grouping in terms of ability to work together and reducing overall frustrations. In order to do well in this we're going to need an environment like the one at MIT - lots of competing teams who are in close communication and can bounce ideas off each other. So if you start a team let me know! GAIC FTW!
Meatkat
Lieutenant

Postby ZogStriP » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:08 pm

I'm totally in!
ZogStriP
Cadet

Postby bhasker » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:54 pm

I would be interested :)
bhasker
Lieutenant

Postby amstan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:25 pm

Remember that our next contest is also around that timeframe.
Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Postby phillc » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:20 am

What time frame is that? I don't see any kind of announcement like that anywhere.
phillc
Cadet

Return to Misc