[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - I really HATE rage bot.

It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:30 pm Advanced search

I really HATE rage bot.

Random stuff about the contest, posts that don't fit in the other forums.

I really HATE rage bot.

Postby temp_dummy » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:05 am

For such a few lines of code,
he's such a nasty bastard to beat in some of the maps !

Who designed the default bots anyway?
temp_dummy
Colonel

Re: I really HATE rage bot.

Postby Evgenius » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:08 am

Agree. DualBot supposed to be the strongest, but my bot beats it on 92/100 maps, while my bot beats RageBot only on around 70 maps...
Evgenius
Major

Postby Molehill » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:10 pm

My bot which was around 11th before they briefly broke java bots can only defeat ragebot 70/100. Further improvements can defeat it all the time but then sadly lose horribly to my original bot!
Molehill
Cadet

Postby davidr » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:18 pm

RageBot is very difficult on maps that your planet and the enemy planet are very close, this is because in the first turn you start to expand, but ragebot attacks your main planet, so the next turn you can realize the attack, bbut you have your fleet in the air and you cannot do nothing :P
davidr
Lieutenant

Postby temp_dummy » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:59 pm

Always wait 1 turn?
temp_dummy
Colonel

Postby Molehill » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:09 pm

Molehill
Cadet

Postby temp_dummy » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:25 pm

Ooh wow, Stale mate.
I should write a check for that, As long as the player makes no moves, make no move.

Just like those cyclists in an indoor arena: "en place"
temp_dummy
Colonel

Postby davidr » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:31 pm

temp_dummy, you don't know the moves of your opponent until the next turn....
davidr
Lieutenant

Postby Alpa_akm » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:09 pm

to beat rage bot is nearly as easy as don't make any moves xD
Alpa_akm
Captain

Postby markcity » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:37 pm

So far, I can beat RageBot 100% between 20 and 140 turns (while beating the other bots 100% as well).

RageBot doesn't send any fleets from a planet until its number of ships is 10 times the planet's growth rate. So on games where the enemy planet starts really close, I immediately attack the enemy and I swap planets with him but fire more frequently so when the enemy is charging up without attacking, I can capture nearby neutral planets and eventually send enough fleets to keep the enemy below its attack threshold until I win.

When the game starts with the enemy planet far away, I just capture nearby neutral planets until I can overwhelm the enemy.

I tried skipping the first turn but found that it doesn't help much and puts me at a disadvantage in general.
markcity
Cadet

Return to Misc