[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Sharing code between contestants

It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:20 pm Advanced search

Sharing code between contestants

Random stuff about the contest, posts that don't fit in the other forums.

Sharing code between contestants

Postby iouri_ » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:47 pm

A question to admins:

A friend of mine and I have both entered the competition, and are thinking of sharing some of the code that would be useful to both of us (mostly it would have to do with calculating various map-related data, like lists of planets sorted by some parameter). Is that something that is allowed? Our implementation of specific strategies though will almost certainly be quite different.
iouri_
Brigadier-General

Re: Sharing code between contestants

Postby DanielVonFange » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:46 pm

Yes, sharing libraries is definitely allowed.
DanielVonFange
Brigadier-General

Postby iouri_ » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:27 pm

Thanks!
iouri_
Brigadier-General

Postby toodlebug » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:59 pm

Im a noob programmer, having fun with contest. I need some help with exactly what is mentioned.....

I'v been trying to figure out how to sort my planets by ship count, I can do it manually using multiple variables, but think there must be a better way..

I tried several commands but have had no success. .... Arrays.sort, Comparable s.

I know I have nothing to offer, but would be appreciative for some guidance or example code......

P.S.

Im using Java
toodlebug
Cadet

Postby rastafarra » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:44 pm

rastafarra
Lieutenant

Postby DGL_Flash » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:21 pm

DGL_Flash
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Terr » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:19 pm

Just off the top of my head, I thought @Override shouldn't be used for for implementing interfaces, but only for "real" overriding.

Depending on how many places you use the comparator, you can also make it a singleton, since it has no real state in it.
Terr
Brigadier-General

Postby toodlebug » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:47 am

Thanks for Responding....!

Im hoping someone will show me how to incorporate this code into my PlanetWars files.....

I'v been making calls to the PlanetWars.java file like in the sample bots, but not sure how to add my own class file to the mix
toodlebug
Cadet

Postby DGL_Flash » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:15 am

IMHO this contest is not the right place for learning a new language.
If you want to learn java, go an read one of those millions java introductions on the net. There are java forums/communities and everything. Just go and study. But I don't think you will be able to make a reasonable input to the contest, because learning to programm is not done in 1 or 2 weeks....
DGL_Flash
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby rastafarra » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:53 am

rastafarra
Lieutenant

Next

Return to Misc