[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Ants is over!

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:43 pm Advanced search

Ants is over!

Place where the Contest Admins can talk about the running of the contest.

Ants is over!

Postby amstan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:05 am

The contest is now finished. Congratulation to xathis for winning.

Here's the accompanied reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/com ... announced/

Until the next contest I pledge all of you to offer suggestions for the next contest and to help us develop it even.

Happy Finals everyone!
Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Re: Ants is over!

Postby AReallyGoodName » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:07 am

Can you tell us more about how the finals are going to be setup?

Is it a case of reset all scores to 0 and play for a few days?
AReallyGoodName
Cadet

Postby MagnumPU » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:11 am

My bot might not do too well, but this was super fun. I'd like to thank you organizers and KonaEarth and Fluxid and other TCP hosts. Good luck!
MagnumPU
Captain

Postby salar2k » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:12 am

Before final tournament isn't it better to reset all the ants skill to zero?
This would feel more fair!
And let the tournament run for two weeks.
salar2k
Captain

Postby codetiger » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:15 am

I would like to thanks all Organizing Team, and everyone who helped this contest a big success.

I put my 3 weeks into building my bot and learnt more than any 3 weeks of my life...

Special Thanks to Memetix, Icefox for introducing Collaborative diffusion and simple combat ideas.

codetiger
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby amstan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:20 am

Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Postby Odyssey » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:23 am

As a high school student, this event provided a very challenging and fun experience for me. This allowed me to test my abilities in programming. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to upload my most recent one, fearing that it may cause time-outs due to lack of testing. :D Thanks for holding this competition and I hope there is another one soon!
Odyssey
Cadet

Postby amstan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:40 am

New answer: Rankings will be visible for during the finals. So as it was before the finals, you can see your bot get ranked live!

Rankings have now been reset btw.
Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Postby dimkadimon » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:49 am

dimkadimon
Major-General

Postby amstan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:50 am

Alexandru M. Stan