[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Bot initial rating

It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:28 am Advanced search

Bot initial rating

Ideas for the Future

Bot initial rating

Postby PostScriptum » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi!
Currently every time I submit a new solution I must wait for at least a day when bot will play his first game with opponents who can do at least anything. I understand that there are plenty of games and they are long-running tasks for server and there isn't enough servers to give a chance to play at least every 10 minutes for everybody, but I thenk the problem is common and boring for all participants.
So my idea how to improve that: let player set the initial rating for his bot when posting new solution. Of course, not any value he wants - you can limit it with for example, maximum of ratings his previous submissions had after 10 games plaied.
So the first game after submitting new bot will be immediately meaningful and interesting. And This will decrease the average waining time for the game from few days to few hours.
PostScriptum
Cadet

Re: Bot initial rating

Postby latifrons » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:59 pm

I will always pick up the highest skill rating:)

I just wonder why the servers are so fragile...

Currently:

Minutes per game per server
Workers are offline.

(I have seen this sad message for the third time this night)

Games per server: 0.0 <---It is like my expression now
latifrons
Cadet

Postby McLeopold » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:37 pm

I would be the first to allow multiple games for new submissions, if we could prevent spammers. Unfortunately with the bad eggs participating (those who resubmitted constantly while the system was broken for 24 hours, and you know who you are >:| ) everyone is just going to have to wait in line, new submission or not.

Adding bots with ratings they don't deserve would screw up TrueSkill, so we won't do that either.
McLeopold
Contest Organizer

Postby JG.WAS » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:09 pm

JG.WAS
Lieutenant

Postby romans01 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:09 am

I suppose there is no money for the servers again.
romans01
Major

Postby ChrisH » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:16 am

ChrisH
Colonel

Postby infernalmachine » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:44 am

I wonder if this has anything to do with it?

http://gigaom.com/cloud/amazon-reboot-c ... n-twitter/
infernalmachine
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby JG.WAS » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Last edited by JG.WAS on Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JG.WAS
Lieutenant

Postby romans01 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:25 pm

romans01
Major

Return to Suggestions