[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Who else wants to keep playing?

It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:23 pm Advanced search

Who else wants to keep playing?

Ideas for the Future

Who else wants to keep playing?

Postby J.S.F. » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:41 pm

I didn't find out about this until December 5th and this happened to be exam time for me so I didn't get to spend much time on this. I know I can make alot of improvements given enough time and I enjoy it, I learnt Python for this, I'd like to make a new bot using go just for fun and to learn go, this is a fun way to learn how to code in different languages. I'd gladly pay a small maintenance fee to have the servers up and running so I could compete with other people. Playing against past versions of my own code is not very exciting. Who else would support this?
J.S.F.
Lieutenant

Re: Who else wants to keep playing?

Postby amstan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:51 pm

Have you tried the tcp servers?
Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Postby J.S.F. » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:58 pm

Me 5 min ago: "Nope, never heard of them. could you elaborate?"

I really need to start googling things before I ask people for help lol!

editing my tcpclient.py ATM

J.S.F.
Lieutenant

Postby J.S.F. » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:20 pm

connected to tcpants.com

other ones are down, waiting to play... and waiting...... and waiting....... I'm glad I have 4 monitors or I'd be staring directly at the shell all day in anticipation. I guess we need more ppl to join.

Thx again!
J.S.F.
Lieutenant

Postby jurifoll » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:14 pm

The same situation. I startet only a week a go, and there were a lot of bugs to be fixed in my bot at the time of the finals. Continuing competing would be great!
jurifoll
Cadet

Postby Learnbot » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:26 pm

We want to keep playing, for similar reasons. I will check out tcpants
Learnbot
Cadet

Postby jaman4dbz » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:55 pm

This happens every competition ;).
jaman4dbz
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby J.S.F. » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:44 am

Any one know why bots that work fine locally timeout on TCPants? We just need to have all the imported files in the same directory right? (using python)
J.S.F.
Lieutenant

Postby BearOff » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:26 am

BearOff
Colonel

Return to Suggestions