It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:41 am Advanced search

Game Idea : poker like

Ideas for the Future

Game Idea : poker like

Postby Stocha » Thu May 31, 2012 10:35 pm

Poker is an interesting multiplayer game.

The most straight forward would be to simply pick up no limit texas hold'hem (the question is : are the rule too complicated for a google ai challenge ?)

it is probably possible to simplify this game quite a bit while retaining the important characteristics. Simplifying would make the game more unique (and impossible to use already existing heuristics)

Players start with the same number of chips. After a fixed number of turns players are sorted according to the number of chip they possess.
Stocha
Colonel

Re: Game Idea : poker like

Postby simplicity » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:55 am

This is a good idea. However, I don't see how you can really tell what AI is the best or the AI that just got lucky,

For example, Phil Ivey can get beat in a hand of poker by people way inferior to him.

The problem is also that there exist a lot of stuff about poker AI. I don't see how this would be different than say an AI competition about chess in the sense that there are thousands of AI on the web for chess.

A yu gi oh or magic the gathering type game might be better. I suppose you could make a type magic the gathering game that six people can play.
simplicity
Cadet

Re: Game Idea : poker like

Postby delt0r » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:42 pm

There are in fact AI poker competitions already. For example the next one is in about 3 weeks in Canada (you turn up with your own hardware to enter more or less). You can also download the code etc as well.
It was like that when I got here.
delt0r
Colonel

Return to Suggestions