[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Can we change ownership of the AI Challenge

It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:03 am Advanced search

Can we change ownership of the AI Challenge

Ideas for the Future

Can we change ownership of the AI Challenge

Postby keithroe » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:23 pm

[xposted from rts thread]

I wonder if someone on the dev team could start looking into transferring ownership of the AI Challenge to a new group. I understand that some of the principal team members are not available/responding/whatever. If they dont have the time or interest, I think that this enthusiastic community should be able to wrangle a team to head up the project. There are many professional devs and hardworking students who would love to help get this back up and running

This competition is enjoyed by 1000s of participants and there is nothing even close to it elsewhere on the net. It would be a shame to see it die (as it now seems to be doing)
keithroe
Lieutenant

Re: Can we change ownership of the AI Challenge

Postby Surya » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:05 pm

It would be a shame indeed to see this community die afters weeks/months/years of no-communications.

:idea: Without having to change the ownership of the AI Challenge, it would be VERY GREAT to have information, like every couple of weeks, about the current situation and what we should expect in the near future (like within 3 months) It could be only 5 lines you know.

And if there are serious issues with the current owners of the Challenge (everybody has the right to change his priorities) I'm also sure there are guys out there, ready and motivated to be part of this AI Challenge.

I really loved the previous one and I do hope there will be other challenges like this. For me, for my colleague I dominated (LOL), for those who loved it like we did, and for those who just heard of this perfect challenge and want to participate to the next one.

Don't let it die. :!:
Surya
Captain

Postby angeladik » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:15 pm

How about... doing our own contest? I guess that some people among thousands of participants have knowledge about all matters related to contest. So, can we gather a group of people and do our own contest? To be honest, I am not familiar with all these things necessary to run a tourney, but I just want to start a conversation about our own initiative - making our own Challenge. What do you think?
angeladik
Major

Postby keithroe » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:58 pm

keithroe
Lieutenant

Postby angeladik » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:59 pm

1. I wonder if name of contest is really important.
2. We need to find out what we would have to pay for, maybe some friendly people would donate this contest
3. ...
4. ...
5. Volunteers?
angeladik
Major

Postby SmL9 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:55 am

I don't think finding volunteers will be a problem. Ants had 7897 participants, if 1% of them help with the next competition it will be more than enough.

It seems like there are many ideas floating around but nothing will happen until someone takes up leadership and the responsibility to organize the next competition. It doesn't look like that person will be one of the old organizers.

I don't think the five problems listed below are too big to overcome, there is enough willpower and volunteers around here to do it.
SmL9
Cadet

Postby angeladik » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:45 am

As a student I have a plenty of free time right now :) It means I am able to learn some things needed to run this contest and make use of it. My coding skills are pretty basic, but I think there is no big problem to raise them (C++).
angeladik
Major

Postby keithroe » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:47 pm

keithroe
Lieutenant

Postby ramn » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:37 pm

ramn
Cadet

Postby tdz » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:44 pm

I'm up for setting up one.
I mean, seriously, why wait for unresponsive people, if they can't respond or be active, then it's time to start your own challenge.
Let me know if you're interested in helping out.
tdz
Cadet

Return to Suggestions