[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Cool Games

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:54 pm Advanced search

Cool Games

Share and discuss ideas for your entries here.

Re: Cool Games

Postby tmc » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:26 pm

Wow! Not just two opponents, you had nearly everyone come after you. Your bot performed admirably against pretty crazy odds; it definitely was the best at combat.

It looks like olex.s was not even programmed to bother razing hills! With such a big flaw, I'm amazed that it's ranked 11th.

By the way, I noticed a glitch in your bot: at turn 636 the ant at 82,75 ignores food that's near to it and wanders off.
tmc
Brigadier-General

Postby gvsmirnov » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:48 pm

gvsmirnov
Captain

Postby dimkadimon » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:34 am

Watch the last purple ant - he got pretty lucky!

http://aichallenge.org/visualizer.php?game=46281
dimkadimon
Major-General

Postby mikevdg » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:00 am

mikevdg
Cadet

Postby gnu264 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:55 pm

User Aksenov's hill gets completely surrounded by turn 900, but he holds out for a solid 100 rounds by spawning faster than Virus can attack :D

http://aichallenge.org/visualizer.php?game=66463
gnu264
Captain

Postby JimmFlimm » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:03 pm

JimmFlimm
Captain

Postby DrClaes » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:12 pm

Working with many ideas in the thread on diffusion I'm very happy with the way this game turned out for me; my ants attack (go straight towards) anyone who comes within about 2 view radii of the nest; this, together with superiority of numbers since I didn't use up all my troops for attack led to a nice stab in the back in the end... good fun with a quite low-footprint bot (did someone say garbage collection issues?)! posting.php?mode=reply&f=24&t=1634&sid=42ef0b2bfc6cc32d276264778a7449fd#
DrClaes
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby mac » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:30 am

[quote="DrClaes"Working with many ideas in the thread on diffusion I'm very happy with the way this game turned out for me[/quote]

Interestingly, it seems that the blue bot computed your nest' position by symmetry, as it doesn't look it ever came close enough to visually spot it. I suppose the blue bot kept a count of how many of your ants it came across, as that hill might well have been razed already....
mac
Brigadier-General

Postby Parasprites » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:45 am

I guess that's proof that symmetry detection is worthwhile. Now the big question is whether the bot can detect rotations and mirroring, as well as simple translations. That seems a bit more difficult to code.
Parasprites
Major-General

Postby MagnumPU » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:56 am

I just saw this game: http://aichallenge.org/visualizer.php?game=75486, map is maze_04p_01, 4 players with 6 hills each, 379 turns, won at 379. The players are all ranked very high. My bot is pretty simplistic at the moment, well that might not change, but I've been thinking about how priorities should be set early and adjusted as the game goes on, this game really tests early priorities. Maybe a little bit of hill defense would change the outcome. I think it's worth watching, it looks random to me, but players finished 1 - 4 with no upsets (based on previous rankings).
MagnumPU
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Strategy