[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Cool Games

It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:56 am Advanced search

Cool Games

Share and discuss ideas for your entries here.

Re: Cool Games

Postby RyokuHasu » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:42 am

RyokuHasu
Captain

Postby RyokuHasu » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:16 pm

sorry for the double post but i just had an another amazingly lucky game!

http://aichallenge.org/visualizer.php?game=96080

I win with a score of 38, but only because all 7 other bots timed out XD LMAO

on another note... T_T i need to update my AI, it sucks worse than before. (and i cant get local testing to work)

Edit: O.o... forgot to use my custom GetDistance function. lol That might help a bit...
RyokuHasu
Captain

Postby Dabrion » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:46 pm

my bot times out one of 2 games.. and that not correlating with the number of ants (may be with global number of ants). strikes me limiting turn time by an amount of wall time is not a good approach at all ...
Dabrion
Cadet

Postby RyokuHasu » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:55 pm

Do you have to much recursion in your path finding or do you have a certain function that is heavy on the processing?

Those are some ways that can cause a time out.

One way you can try and solve this problem is adding in more time checks to exit out of your processing early so you don't time out.
RyokuHasu
Captain

Postby Parasprites » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:17 pm

One thing I'd recommend is to exit around 35ms early. Otherwise you'll sometimes timeout randomly due to delays in the OS.
Parasprites
Major-General

Postby RyokuHasu » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:17 pm

I keep finding interesting things in my play logs...

take a look at the last 20 turns.

http://aichallenge.org/visualizer.php?game=87655

O.o I may not have a very good bot in terms of gathering and path finding but my tactical defense is kinda cool.
RyokuHasu
Captain

Something to smile about...

Postby fourmidable » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:35 pm

Watch till the end:
fourmidable
Cadet

Re: Something to smile about...

Postby frobalt » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:39 pm

Did you programme that to do that when you had enough bots or when you were about to capture a hill?
frobalt
Colonel

Postby D_Electrician » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:53 pm

Good job with the defense

My defense relies on the flaws in the way my bot moves ants (no pathfinding implemented)
I end up with a large pile of ants near the hill and it works pretty well
D_Electrician
Cadet

Re: Something to smile about...

Postby Scryer » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:02 am

Beautiful - well done, you!
Scryer
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Strategy