[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - The open source your ant bot topic

It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:39 pm Advanced search

The open source your ant bot topic

Share and discuss ideas for your entries here.

Re: The open source your ant bot topic

Postby flux_w42 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:35 pm

I just opensourced my bot: http://code.google.com/p/fluxants
flux_w42
Cadet

Postby J.S.F. » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:22 pm

J.S.F.
Lieutenant

Postby tomb » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:42 pm

Here is my (ugly) c++ code. My bot name is AntsInYourPants. I'm probably in the top 300-400.

For battle I used a flocking algorithm. When enemy ants were within 5 or 6 squares of my ants, I would draw circles around my ants and enemy ants, calculate the angle, and then put my ants into a line facing the enemies. Then, when an ant was within 1 square of attacking, I either calculated every possible move for my ants and picked the best one, or (if I had more than 4 or 5 ants) I just advanced the line at the enemy.

I gave my ants tasks based on where they were on the board (closest to unexplored territory, food, or my hills), and also based on a job assignment. Some ants would only gather food and avoid enemies, but would fight if another ant asked for help. Some ants avoided enemies and looked for hills. Others liked to fight.
Attachments
Ants_subm_18Dec_937pm.zip
(33.97 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
tomb
Lieutenant

Postby flux_w42 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:17 pm

flux_w42
Cadet

Postby nmalbran » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:54 pm

Here is mine:
https://github.com/nmalbran/ants/tree/v13
I was rank 600~ last time i saw it.

v13 is my last submission. Branch master has some improvements, but I have'nt submited them because of poor testing and little time.
I started some days after the begining of the challenge, but then the University restarted and I had have very little time to this challenge.
Although, it was very fun, interesting and I've learned a lot. I'm looking forward to the next challenge.

Bye!
nmalbran
Cadet

Postby bugnuts » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:58 pm

My code is posted at the readme has a bit of a roadmap to the code.

I am also putting writeups of the various pieces of the bot in the wiki there.
The first is on .

There is a bunch of extra bits as well, I have code to eg parse the JSON replay files and generate turn input from the replay
and extract metadata from the json files all done in the interest of learning Go...
bugnuts
Lieutenant

Postby J.S.F. » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:01 pm

J.S.F.
Lieutenant

Postby J.S.F. » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:01 pm

J.S.F.
Lieutenant

Postby Surya » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:02 pm

I'm aiming top 250 (currently 195). My bot language is C# and to be honest, it's nothing comparable to good players but still, here's an article and source code of it :)

Main problems are:
-> Fight (I use a safety map not really accurate)
-> Kamikaze behavior close to my ant hill, which leads me to lose a lot at the begining(when ants are rare and important) when enemy hills are close

Something I like (and that even some good players don't have) is a sentinel who stays close from my hill (if I got at least 5 ants) and who can gather food or defend if necessary, but won't go away just to explore. (it will return to its spot obediently :))

It was my first AI contest and I enjoyed it a lot. Thx to all admins & players. I did find the community spirit really nice and helpful, count me in for the next challenge (with acceptable bot this time hopefully :))
Surya
Captain

Postby bol » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:56 pm

Uploaded my C code:
http://github.com/bol/Ants

It's not really complete as it has no real understanding of combat. Just explores, gathers and razes hills. Should finish around 100th place.
bol
Cadet

PreviousNext

Return to Strategy