[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - AI state images

It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:51 pm Advanced search

AI state images

Share and discuss ideas for your entries here.

Re: AI state images

Postby flux_w42 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:55 am

NICE Khaos! :lol: Really smart 8-)
This was my first map exploration code in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOlgdfDiHO8
It's not a diffusion map but a sort of Breath First Search - diffusion map combination. I didn't use this in my final bot because the scouts will almost die instantly running that fast through the map to scout ;)
flux_w42
Cadet

Postby smiley1983 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:30 pm

smiley1983
Colonel

Postby Nefbrethilion » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:28 pm

A screenshot from my bot. You can see Memetix's combat for the whole map (on my real but I only calculated it for possible places to go, not for the whole map): red = DIE, orange=KILL, green=SAFE.

The lines indicate where ants are going. The blue lines visualize a uniform grid that I use to speedup searches and to explore the map. The red rectangles are tiles in my grid cells that ants can use to path find towards (it's never on water).
Nefbrethilion
Cadet

Postby pguillory » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:40 pm

I used text (UTF-8 with Bash color codes) written to a file that I could "tail -f". On the up side, it helped make rapid iterations possible. I could tweak a constant, compile, and watch a few seconds of a game play out in real time -- just enough to see the impact of the change. On the down side, it limited the algorithms I considered to those easily visualizable in this way.
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-12-22 at 1.31.26 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-12-22 at 1.31.26 PM.png (66.99 KiB) Viewed 1899 times
pguillory
Lieutenant

Postby flux_w42 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:39 am

I used gifs per turn. These are some animated versions:

Coverage:

Enemies:

Food:

Scouting:

And the mix of the previous maps. This is the actual map that's used for my ants if they're not raiding a hill
flux_w42
Cadet

Previous

Return to Strategy