[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Game idea concerning killer robot ants

It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:27 am Advanced search

Game idea concerning killer robot ants

Topics about starter packages, visualizer or any other third party tools.
Please submit new language requests in the Language Request Forum.

Re: Game idea concerning killer robot ants

Postby mleise » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:03 pm

And here is how a visualization could be done:
Edit: The maps you see in there are not the state of the map generator. They are just some random walls and ressources for presentation purposes.
mleise
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby SUA.khb » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:06 am

Is this a good idea to start such pre-contest?
SUA.khb
Major

Postby amstan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:05 am

Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Postby delt0r » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:59 am

It was like that when I got here.
delt0r
Colonel

Postby SUA.khb » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:51 pm

OK/so I have some questions
4) an ant can move one square in any direction (yes diagonally.)
5) an ant can attack an adjacent square instead.
What about simplifying this block? - an ant can move one square in any direction, if an enemy ant is at this square - this is attack
What about attack in current rules? - it becomes before move or after move?
7) If an ant does not try to move or attack and there is food at that grid location. It eats a unit of food.
Will food be ended on this square?
Can ant eat a unit of food if its under attack? (ie eat all enemy food and die)
9) the egg "spawns" or hatches as soon as the square has no other ants on it.
Is the egg dies if enemy unit will be located on its square?
10) if an ants hit points go to zero or below zero, it dies and is removed from play.
Will the food inside this ant be reallocated on square?
12) Collisions are resolved in a deterministic fashion. If 2 ants try to move to the same square, neither moves.
What about non-simple collisions? such as (A->)(A->)(_)(<-A)
13)
What about bot self-coordination? I can't see this paragraph into the rules :)
SUA.khb
Major

Postby SUA.khb » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:14 pm

Also:
1) Absolutely map coordinates is not a hard thing to bot coordination - they can translate their coordinates to the new ants, and all top bots will be do it / its not a critical parameter
2) We are need to restrict messages (less then user string) else bots can translate full map information to other bots
3) Signal area can be differ (better) with view area, view area can be small (in order to increasing the bot cooperative)

... and about the game format. What can you say about multi-player (on the big random map)? ELO scores is not a problem:
they can be proportional to HP damaged(maybe,+1/2*HP at the end of the game) (such as ELO scores redefines once after the chess tournament)
SUA.khb
Major

Postby delt0r » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:27 pm

delt0r
Colonel

Postby delt0r » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:42 am

I didn't want to kill the thread. I was hoping for more discussions on what may or may not work. I was going to change the engine to give global info where you don't just get localized views of the world, this would make "ant" coordination many time easier. However I will only do it if there is some interest.
delt0r
Colonel

Postby mleise » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:53 pm

Here is an update on my visualizer for antimatroid's implementation of the ant game: http://marco-leise.homedns.org/antgui/v3/
mleise
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby dimkadimon » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:59 am

I've only briefly looked at this thread and the visualizer. I really like the idea of making code for one worker and then running the same code in parallel. However after looking at the visualizer, I am wondering whether the game is too slow? I mean it takes a while for anything interesting to happen and I found it a bit boring to watch. I would like to see a bit more action like in PlanetWars.
dimkadimon
Major-General

Previous

Return to Starter Packages & Tools