[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Duplicating the aichallenge website locally

It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:59 am Advanced search

Duplicating the aichallenge website locally

Topics about starter packages, visualizer or any other third party tools.
Please submit new language requests in the Language Request Forum.

Duplicating the aichallenge website locally

Postby pixel8r » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:32 am

Hi,

Since the official servers seem to be processing games rather slowly, I thought it would be useful to download the entire project from github and set up my own. This way I can run experimental bots internally using exactly the same scoring methods as in the live contest.

It is also a good way for people in my workplace to submit their bots to compete locally without each of us seeing their code (if we agree not to peek). We will then submit bots to the official website once we are happy with their progress locally.

I've cloned the git repo and set it up on ubuntu 11.04 following the instructions, but I'm having some trouble getting it going.

I have the website fully functional on localhost, with account signups, submissions etc. I also have the worker processes correctly compiling new submissions etc. All of this has been set up and works great.

However, I cant get any games to actually run. It seems that the workers are querying the server for tasks and are receiving empty responses, indicating that there are no tasks to run, even though I now have 8 users, each with a submitted bot. For each user's profile, it shows that the bot has compiled successfully and is ready to play. The workers do correctly pick up "compile" tasks, but not "game" tasks.

This is frustrating - I'm almost there, but just cant get any games to run. Some of the doco suggests that the manager is what actually chooses which users to play against each other and which maps to play on, but I cant see how it works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
pixel8r
Captain

Re: Duplicating the aichallenge website locally

Postby aboeing » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:28 pm

If you do get this working would you mind posting your full instructions, as I'd like to do the same.

PS: Where abouts in australia are you? I'm in perth.
aboeing
Lieutenant

Postby BearOff » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:35 pm

There are such servers already.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1505

Can say that ants.fluxid.pl:2081 is very active.
BearOff
Colonel

Postby amstan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:56 pm

I think there's an undocumented step to add the maps.
You have to generate them, then add them to the database.
Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Postby pixel8r » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:27 pm

pixel8r
Captain

Postby pixel8r » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:31 pm

pixel8r
Captain

Postby pixel8r » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:31 pm

pixel8r
Captain

Postby pixel8r » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:46 am

I managed to get a couple of games to run by editing 2_generate_matchup.sql within the sql directory, and reimporting that into mysql.

I changed line 182 to: "select avg(tg.game_count) * 1.1 + 1"
which allows it to start running games.

But it stops shortly afterwards and I'm back at square one.

Please help if you can. It looks like the official game must have been started off manually somehow...
pixel8r
Captain

Postby McLeopold » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:59 am

opponent.sql runs the same stuff as 2_generate_matchup.sql, but you get to see what it is thinking about. I've never really tested the matchup_generator with a low number of bots yet. The most likely problem is that it can't find a seed player, or it can't find opponents.

If you can get me access to you database, I can look at the issue.
McLeopold
Contest Organizer

Postby pixel8r » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:10 am

pixel8r
Captain

Next

Return to Starter Packages & Tools