[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Duplicating the aichallenge website locally

It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:16 am Advanced search

Duplicating the aichallenge website locally

Topics about starter packages, visualizer or any other third party tools.
Please submit new language requests in the Language Request Forum.

Re: Duplicating the aichallenge website locally

Postby imrofli » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:48 am

imrofli
Cadet

Postby MrMr » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:05 am

Changing the sources.list to use servers closer to my location finally solved my problems. Thanks all! Now all I need is ~20 bots to start competing.
MrMr
Lieutenant

Postby MrMr » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:05 pm

So on to the next problem; I'm not getting any games. I know pixel8r had problem since he didn't have enough bots but I'm currently on 18 bots and still no games. You guys who has succeeded, do I need even more bots or could it be something else that is wrong?
MrMr
Lieutenant

Postby imrofli » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:30 pm

imrofli
Cadet

Postby geoist » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:06 am

Thanks heaps for the instructions. The community owes you a beer. :)

My apt-get server list was looking on the west coast, and i was getting the same error as posted noted by MrMr () and solved by imrofli ()

I've since moved my image to the east coast and it's been moving along better.

When the install finishes, I'll add 20 bots or so and post the working image for anyone who wants to use it.

EDIT: The install was a success, everything works swimmingly. 10 bots were added and the game kicked off and started playing matches.

FYI, the AMI ID of the image is ami-031cd26a, and it's hosted in US East (Virginia). It was built on a m1.small instance type, but should work on t1.micro for those who prefer cost-free.

The instructions were followed explicitly and a list of notes / passwords for the instance are below:

- Login as: ubuntu
- Password for contest user is: 'contest'
- PHPMyAdmin was not installed.
- Extra languages were not installed
- 10 bots were created (bot001, bot002... bot010), each with password of 'contest'
- bots have uploaded default python code
geoist
Cadet

Postby imrofli » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:48 pm

imrofli
Cadet

Postby MrMr » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:49 pm

MrMr
Lieutenant

Postby imrofli » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:10 pm

imrofli
Cadet

Postby MrMr » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:40 pm

The error log only had errors about not finding game/0. Guessing that is the frontpage trying to display the visualizer for the first game that doesn't exists. All bot has compiled and all looks good.

I have not restarted after the installation. How do I start the worker again after the restart?
MrMr
Lieutenant

Postby MrMr » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:49 pm

Oh there was a start_worker.sh.. :oops:

Anyway it didn't help to restart linux. I did however download imrofli image and it worked great so I'll use that one instead. Thanks imrofli!
MrMr
Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Starter Packages & Tools