[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Python Start Package question

It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:24 pm Advanced search

Python Start Package question

Topics about starter packages, visualizer or any other third party tools.
Please submit new language requests in the Language Request Forum.

Python Start Package question

Postby rawrgulmuffins » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:39 am

I'm working with the python Starter package.

I was wondering if the ants.my_ants list is completely rewritten with every turn of the game or if it's merely updated with live ants each term. If it's the later, how are they delineating ants? If it's the former, is there any way to make a persistent list so that I can make groups of ants (Rather then giving each ant the same set of code)?
rawrgulmuffins
Cadet

Re: Python Start Package question

Postby amstan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:57 am

I don't know exactly the answer. But i encourage you to open ants.py and look for yourself, I heard the code is commented nicely.
Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Postby rawrgulmuffins » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:52 pm

it's repopulated each time, and apparently the order in which you receive that ant data is arbitrary. Makes me a sad panda.
rawrgulmuffins
Cadet

Postby mac » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:06 pm

Last edited by mac on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mac
Brigadier-General

Postby tmc » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:18 am

I guess you must be referring to some old version of the python starter bots. There is no world.py; everything except the minimal MyBot class is in ants.py in a class named Ants. IMO "world.py" is a better name.

There's really only one thing in the starter kit that you will want to rewrite: the vision code. I rewrote most of it anyway.
tmc
Brigadier-General

Postby mac » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:25 pm

mac
Brigadier-General

Return to Starter Packages & Tools