[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Problem with IssueOrder [FIXED]

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:57 pm Advanced search

Problem with IssueOrder [FIXED]

Topics about starter packages, visualizer or any other third party tools.
Please submit new language requests in the Language Request Forum.

Problem with IssueOrder [FIXED]

Postby Surya » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:19 am

Hi everyone

I have a weird bug concerning the ants movement.
Sometimes, my IA orders a move which doesn't occur. :!:

Here's an image giving some details.

I'm using c# and I didn't have that problem before.

Is there a rule which could forbid the move:
o 2 10 s (my ant is there on 2 10)
when 3 10 is free and Tile.Earth and no ant on this spot (this turn or the next)

And how can I make sure the writeline call is working and interpreted by the python engine?

I believe it comes from my AI (Tools seems very smart and I guess have been tested quite a lot!) but I really can't find the reason of this weird behavior.
Thank you very much for you help and for this amazing challenge!

ps: if it can help my cmd line is

python "%~dp0playgame.py" --engine_seed 42 --player_seed 42 --end_wait=0.25 --verbose --log_dir game_logs --turns 100 --map_file "%~dp0maps\maze\maze_04p_02.map" "D:\RadigouDropBox\Dropbox\AI\Bots\AntsAI_bot_Surya1\AntsAI_bot_Surya1\bin\Debug\AntsAI_bot_Surya1.exe" %* "python ""%~dp0sample_bots\python\GreedyBot.py""" "python ""%~dp0sample_bots\python\LeftyBot.py""" "python ""%~dp0sample_bots\python\HunterBot.py"""

But I think it's quite classic
Last edited by Surya on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surya
Captain

Re: Problem with IssueOrder

Postby dimkadimon » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:22 am

Looks quite strange. One idea I had is perhaps you are issuing multiple orders for the same ant at (2,10)?
dimkadimon
Major-General

Postby Surya » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi dimkadimon,

Thank you for you reply.
No, unfortunately it's not the problem. If you look at the picture I've linked, we can see that every ant is supposed to move just once, all to some available location. And one of them (the 2 10), just doesn't move at all (it should move towards the south .. which is free)

I'm stuck on this pb.
Surya
Captain

Postby frobalt » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:41 pm

I'm relieved I'm not the only one experiencing this.

I just lost my last game due to this bug.....weird thing is, it did jitter around a bit after the bug occurred, but mostly stayed still.
frobalt
Colonel

Postby Surya » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:53 pm

How can you be sure it was because of that since you can't write anything during a real game?
For my example, I run it locally with a trace in the IssueOrder method
Surya
Captain

Postby frobalt » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:01 pm

frobalt
Colonel

Postby Surya » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:42 pm

If I click on the BotIN button, i can see some logs, but not the orders I gave.
For example I have this :
turn 2
w 13 14
w 13 88
w 18 5
w 18 9

h 9 6 0
a 10 6 0 <-My ant position
f 4 7
f 9 89
f 11 9

go

Where red = food
blue = water
green = hill

No trace of orders I gave.

Other question (more important) What do you suggest we do? I mean it happens quite often and it makes my IA even more stupid than it already is.
Surya
Captain

Postby kuisma » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:56 pm

My ants are stateful and I have never seen the engine lose a move like this. Have you compared the input, output and error logs? I'm quite sure you'll find "duplicate order" or so in the error output.
kuisma
Captain

Postby Surya » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi Kuisma,
I also believe I did something wrong but I find it out.
Could you tell me where I can find the input, output & error logs.

For now, as I mentionned above, I log the IssueOrder calls I make and, as you can see in the first post, there is unfortunately no duplicate order I have no error file generated close to the bot, no timeout either. The bot goes until the end, and misses some moves.
Surya
Captain

Postby kuisma » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:13 pm

kuisma
Captain

Next

Return to Starter Packages & Tools