[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - 1 game every 500 mins..

It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:56 pm Advanced search

1 game every 500 mins..

Topics about starter packages, visualizer or any other third party tools.
Please submit new language requests in the Language Request Forum.

1 game every 500 mins..

Postby athkalia » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:16 pm

I am running at about 1 game every 500 mins.. I am sorry but this is just too much for me. I mean, I uploaded a new version of my ants like a week ago and it still hasn't reached the my previous version's ranking..
I don't know if it's late, but if I was building this I would make a few changes on the way the games are picked :
a) don't reset skill every time a bot is submitted; just decrease skill by let's say 10% and let the bot carry from that on. It's not like someone that is ranked first is gonna present a rubbish bot. There is no point in resetting, unless I am missing something. And it is insanely annoying to wait that long just to see how this new bot is doing compared to the previous one. An alternative to this would possibly be to reset the ranking but make it play like 5 fast games.
b)Deactivated bots don't play any games at all.
c)if a bot's ranking fluctuation is minimal then that bot should slow down on how many game it plays.

I don't know if any of this makes sense but I am desperate:/ At the beginning I was really excited about this game, and now due to the insanely slow game rate I just simply don't feel like programming for this at all. And I don't think I am the only one who feels this way. I mean, people have even offered to donate in order to get more play time. Is there really nothing you can do ?
Thanks for reading.
athkalia
Cadet

Re: 1 game every 500 mins..

Postby frobalt » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:33 pm

It's bad for me.

Last game I played was at 8:38am. According the my profile, the page was last reloaded at 9:31pm and I still have 197 minutes until my next game.

I don't understand the matchups either. My version has played 2 games so far. It started it's second game with a rank of 6072 and pitted me against a guy with rank 762...Surely it's supposed to pit me against people close to my rank?

I won, but that's not the point. :P
frobalt
Colonel

Postby Scryer » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:50 pm

Scryer
Colonel

Postby frobalt » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:16 pm

frobalt
Colonel

Postby Scryer » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:25 pm

Scryer
Colonel

Postby Scryer » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Scryer
Colonel

Postby frobalt » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:39 pm

I see.

Kind of annoying, but I can get it done.

I'll put in about 5 for the time being to see how it gets on.

Thanks. :)
frobalt
Colonel

Postby Scryer » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:57 pm

Cool. I see you got in - was the Python version the issue? Your first two opponents were rated #17 and #147 on "live"... like I said, strong competition!
Scryer
Colonel

Postby frobalt » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:23 pm

Yeah, it seemed to be.

Downloading 2.7.2 seemed to get it to work.

Yeah, it is. Kinda disheartening to see my bot lose so badly. It'll get me to improve it more, but I am curious as to how it would do in the actual competition.
frobalt
Colonel

Postby frobalt » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:09 am

frobalt
Colonel

Next

Return to Starter Packages & Tools