[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Coding in: C++ Need help with: Python

It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:13 pm Advanced search

Coding in: C++ Need help with: Python

Topics about starter packages, visualizer or any other third party tools.
Please submit new language requests in the Language Request Forum.

Coding in: C++ Need help with: Python

Postby abunai59 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:34 am

Hello, I'm having some trouble getting started with the C++ package. I've downloaded the "tools" and the python interpreter for Windows 64 bit.

Can someone either tell me (or point me to a good thread) how to run at least the simple play_one_game.cmd?

I'm not sure how the directories work in python or if I should be running python then navigate to my files etc.

Also, I'm confused about where to store all my .cc files (etc.). Should they be in the "tools" directory with the python tools?

Thank you very much!
abunai59
Cadet

Re: Coding in: C++ Need help with: Python

Postby Speed » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:24 pm

Speed
Lieutenant

Postby abunai59 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:56 pm

Thank you very much! I'll try this right away.
abunai59
Cadet

Postby abunai59 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:12 pm

Well, I found out that I had to add python to the system path :lol:
So, I changed the play_one_game.cmd file to what you said it should be and it runs correctly, except that there is an error

Failed to start ['MyBot.exe']

I saw that the makefile says nothing about compiling an exe file under the executable macro, so I changed it to say "MyBot.exe" instead of "MyBot".

Some further details: I'm using SSH client to compile my code with the makefile. Should I download a g++ compiler for the command prompt instead?

Thanks again!
abunai59
Cadet

Postby abunai59 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:35 am

Well, I figured out how to do it!

I dl'd , with which I've quickly become acquainted... Took pretty much all day to get all this done, not sure why. I had to keep installing more and more packages, but I finally got it to work.

For anyone who doesn't know and is taking a look at this for help, Cygwin contains linux tools for use in windows. You must set file paths if you want to use it in cmd prompt.

Some powerful abilities it has (that are useful in this implementation) are compiling and using make to run makefile commands.

Another hint, the makefile does not have to be changed after all ;)
(what a relief :roll: )

Thanks to Speed for helping me out with the game file!
abunai59
Cadet

Return to Starter Packages & Tools