[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Starting problem with the tools

It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:29 pm Advanced search

Starting problem with the tools

Topics about starter packages, visualizer or any other third party tools.
Please submit new language requests in the Language Request Forum.

Starting problem with the tools

Postby rcijvat » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi,

I'm writing an ant bot but I got stuck using the tools. I've installed Python 2.7.2 but the play_one_game.cmd and play_one_game_live.cmd don't seem to produce any output. The cmd screen pops up for a very short amount of time and then disappears before I can even read what's on the screen. Does anyone know if I'm forgetting something here?

Thanks in advance!
rcijvat
Cadet

Re: Starting problem with the tools

Postby rcijvat » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:10 pm

Alright, it was as easy as adding python to the environment variables... *STUPID*

Thanks anyway
rcijvat
Cadet

Postby _Cyborg_ » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:07 pm

Alright now I am feeling even more stupid myself by asking this question. :P
Could you explain what you mean with"adding python to the enviromental variables"? I have the exact same problem.
_Cyborg_
Cadet

Postby Andruids » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:23 am

This part had me stumped for ages. It's not clear what to do in any of the tutorials, or even on the Python website. Here are some step by step instructions:
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/arti ... -variables

or if you're using Windows 7, then the environment variables are here:
http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php ... windows-7/

I don't how to do it in other OSes but it's probably similar. Also, I recommend using the command prompt (Start menu - Programs - Accessories - Command Prompt) when trying to trouble shoot so that you can see the error, otherwise the window closes automatically.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutoria ... roduction/
Andruids
Cadet

Postby _Cyborg_ » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:37 pm

Thanks! That helped a lot! I have got it working now.
_Cyborg_
Cadet

Postby jurifoll » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:32 am

It seems that i have a similar problem (play_one_game_live.cmd doesn`t do anything). But python has already been included in to the PATH. What else can cause such problem?
jurifoll
Cadet

Postby Wargasm » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:39 pm

I have the same problem. By the way, is this thing still going on? I do not understand if it has all ended or just one season or something? This site is extremely confusing.
So okay, I've read the tutorial on how to add the path variable. But what is the variable? And where do I find it?
Wargasm
Cadet

Postby UncleVasya » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:10 am

UncleVasya
Lieutenant

Return to Starter Packages & Tools