[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Ants Therapist

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:08 pm Advanced search

Ants Therapist

Topics about starter packages, visualizer or any other third party tools.
Please submit new language requests in the Language Request Forum.

Ants Therapist

Postby ByronStar » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:01 pm

While I was working on my ants bot I often had the problem, that I did not understand my ants "motivations" and actual tasks. Moreover it was a problem of the big amount of logging data I was starting to write out in order to get better insight until I decided to create a visual debugging tool, which displays my trace as graphical annotations directly in the game-replay. Probably this is a duplication of some of the AI State Visualization efforts I discovered lately.

Anyway - it is a nice little tool written in Flash/AS2, which might be helpful to others as well, so I decided to post it here for common use. Have a look at the info page or download the package directly from here if you got interested. :D

I myself found quite a number of issues in the logic of my ants bot that way, so for me it was a useful investment already.

Feedback is appreciated.
ByronStar
Cadet

Re: Ants Therapist

Postby bluegaspode » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:13 pm

Haven't tried it (yet), but looks very cool.
I love the idea that I can easily visualize a game already played. Might be possible with the existing visualizer, but I don't think it's possible there.

Some (hopefully simple) additions would make me skip completely:

- "layers" support. I don't like a map too crowded with infos. What about having multiple files named like
<gameID>.bot0_<layerid>.log

Easy checkboxes could than make a layer visible/invisble

- my bot uses diffusion - being able to use (transparent) shades of a color is crucial to me.
Somehow then looks like the following: http://p.twimg.com/AcuX5gjCIAAs8lq.png
To support that I'd need a 'color' command like:
c, <row>, <col>, <rgba-color>

this could also be used to visualize the 'fog of war' from the current bots perspective in a separate layer which you might need as well :)
bluegaspode
Colonel

Postby Darhuuk » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:09 pm

Darhuuk
Colonel

Postby agent_smith » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:26 pm

Thank you for the tool. I managed to run it and quite like it so far.

Alpha opacity, as mentioned above, would be very nice. My bot also uses diffusion :)

A second wish is to better use screen estate - most of the space is unused. I can zoom in the map, but then I don't see the controls.

A third, minor one - ability to set custom file names.
agent_smith
Colonel

Postby bluegaspode » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:52 pm

bluegaspode
Colonel

Postby Darhuuk » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:53 pm

Darhuuk
Colonel

Postby Ravan Thot » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:38 pm

Hi,

pretty cool tool. Is it possible to get markers which do not vanish as an alternative to the vanishing markers?

Thanks a lot.
Ravan
Ravan Thot
Cadet

Postby ByronStar » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:17 pm

ByronStar
Cadet

Postby ByronStar » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:46 pm

ByronStar
Cadet