[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Ants Therapist

It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:08 pm Advanced search

Ants Therapist

Topics about starter packages, visualizer or any other third party tools.
Please submit new language requests in the Language Request Forum.

Re: Ants Therapist

Postby ByronStar » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:30 pm

ByronStar
Cadet

Postby jab_bott » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:45 am

Hey ByronStar - nice idea about the proposed-path command where you specify the NESW. Anything I think might be useful, if it's easy enough to implement, then I will just implement it (and that idea is an easy one). Shame you didn't suggest it earlier, some people have probably already written their own version in their bot code to generate multiple line commands. Also - regarding the consumability - I recently added and updated some simple instructions that make it super-easy to use... see here: https://github.com/j-h-a/aichallenge/bl ... OVERLAY.md

There's just five commands to get a local (working) copy of the source code and a sample playgame.py command showing how to run your bot in the visualizer.

The idea of downloading a server replay and re-analyzing your bot against it is also very nice. Is there an existing script to re-run your bot, feeding it the input from a replay? If so, it could probably be easily modified to process the output from a bot sending my vis_overlay commands - we should suggest this in case anyone wants to do it and share the goodness.
jab_bott
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby ByronStar » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:42 am

Hi jab_bott,

if we have started an exchange of ideas with this I am already content. Yes I think the path stuff should be easy, provided one knows Javascript. Maybe having your docu earlier would have would have dragged me into your efforts ;)

For the re-analysing I have Java code (from the alternative Java Starter package ), which checks for command-line options and than reads from file <gameID>.bot0.input instead of stdin. So I run my bot native (without any tooling or other bots) just based on the original input. Provided the bot code uses player_seed for any random activity, it runs exactly the same as in the server environment. The only difference is regarding all timing relevant stuff, since that part is not duplicated that way. During that run I write all "thoughts" into the <gameID>.bot0.log file (separate from the bot output), which than can be used to enhance the replay visualization. As I have said earlier, probably that can be done with the extended visualizer as well.
ByronStar
Cadet

Postby ByronStar » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:00 am

ByronStar
Cadet

Previous

Return to Starter Packages & Tools