[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - need help with setting up the game in C++

It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:05 pm Advanced search

need help with setting up the game in C++

Topics about starter packages, visualizer or any other third party tools.
Please submit new language requests in the Language Request Forum.

need help with setting up the game in C++

Postby quickgg » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:32 pm

Hi
I am using C++ on my linux machine to run this program. I was able to watch other bots flight by typing ./play_one_game.sh in command line. However, it always comes with warming that :

(chromium-browser:4085): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(chromium-browser:4085): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

When I tried to see the performance of my own rob, by running the following line, it will complain that Failed to start ['MyBot.exe']. Where should I put Mybot.ext file? Do I need to copy my Mybot file under the tool dir? Can any one explain to me how to to run the file coded in C++ in tool. Thank you

python playgame.py "MyBot.exe" "python sample_bots/python/HunterBot.py" "python sample_bots/python/HunterBot.py" "python sample_bots/python/HunterBot.py" --map_file maps/multi_hill_maze/maze_04p_02.map --log_dir game_logs --turns 100 --player_seed 7 --verbose -e
quickgg
Cadet

Re: need help with setting up the game in C++

Postby amstan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:42 am

You need to compile your bot, then get the executable and put it in place of a starter bot:

python playgame.py "path/to/MyBot.exe" "python sample_bots/python/HunterBot.py" "python sample_bots/python/HunterBot.py" --map_file maps/multi_hill_maze/maze_04p_02.map --log_dir game_logs --turns 100 --player_seed 7 --verbose -e

If it's in the current folder, you could just write MyBot.exe.

Those warnings are from your browser.
Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Postby quickgg » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:37 am

Hi I have put the "MyBot " into the main folder and ran again. Still got errors

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/ted/Desktop/aichallenge/tools/engine.py", line 93, in run_game
sandbox.start(bot_cmd)
File "/home/ted/Desktop/aichallenge/tools/sandbox.py", line 385, in start
raise SandboxError('Failed to start {0}'.format(shell_command))
SandboxError: Failed to start ['MyBot.exe']
What should be the problems? :?:
Also I am not sure if I need to manually add .exe to the end of my compiler generated file since C++ just compiled out file called "MyBot" and what written in the tutorial.sh is in .exe.
Thank you for helping out!
quickgg
Cadet

Postby Zaph » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:37 am

Zaph
Colonel

Postby amstan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:52 pm

Wait.. you're on linux and you're using C++. Why do you have an exe then? There's no such thing on linux(unless you're using mono).

Try "./MyBot"
Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Return to Starter Packages & Tools