[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Dart support

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:09 am Advanced search

Dart support

New Language? Want more libraries? Post Here.

Dart support

Postby blue_iris » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:52 pm

I'm thinking of creating an Ants starter package for Google's new Dart programming language. (I did a forum search, didn't see any mention of Dart, so I assume that nobody has done a Dart starter package yet. Please let me know if I am mistaken.)

Dart can run either as its own VM or by compiling to JavaScript. For this contest I think it will be simpler to compile Dart to JavaScript, to take advantage of the already-existing JavaScript support.

I hope to have a package available in a couple of days.
blue_iris
Captain

Re: Dart support

Postby blue_iris » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:53 pm

Here's a Dart starter package:

http://code.google.com/p/ants-dart-starter-package

It is a direct translation of the JavaScript starter package.
blue_iris
Captain

Postby pedrosorio » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:45 pm

pedrosorio
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby amstan » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Postby blue_iris » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:43 am

Sounds good to me.

My pull request is:

https://github.com/aichallenge/aichallenge/pull/367

This change requires someone to manually add the dart frogsh compiler tarball to the ai contest server's download_base directory. I didn't see how to make that happen as part of the github commit.
blue_iris
Captain

Postby amstan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:01 am

Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Postby blue_iris » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:34 pm

Heh, yeah, that's me. It's a fun way to contribute to the contest!
blue_iris
Captain

Postby blue_iris » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:02 am

I see that the dart starter package is now listed and can be downloaded. But unfortunately when it is uploaded, it is not recognized.

I filed issue https://github.com/aichallenge/aichallenge/issues/369 "Uploaded dart code is not being recognized" about it.

Please let me know if there's anything I need to do to fix this -- it sort of looks like the compiler code that is running on the aichallenge servers hasn't been updated from my pull request yet, but maybe there's some thing wrong with my pull request.

For reference the change that tried to add Dart support is:

https://github.com/aichallenge/aichalle ... 2a68214b85
blue_iris
Captain

Postby blue_iris » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:10 pm

Well, good news / bad news / good news:

good news: the aichallenge workers have been updated to try and run dart bots.

bad news: there's a bug in the dart compiler installer, it's missing some files, and so the dart bots will fail to compile.

good news: I've updated the dart compiler installer package and submitted a pull request:

https://github.com/aichallenge/aichallenge/pull/371

Second times a charm?
blue_iris
Captain

Postby Janzert » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:04 pm

And the latest changes should be live.
Janzert
Contest Organizer

Next

Return to Language Support