[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Timeouts

It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:40 pm Advanced search

Timeouts

Questions and discussions about the current Ant Game Rules.

Re: Timeouts

Postby JG.WAS » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:46 pm

JG.WAS
Lieutenant

Postby ksq » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:35 am

Getting a lot of timeouts..
http://aichallenge.org/visualizer.php?g ... 8&user=261 - Won (Handled 290+ ants)
http://aichallenge.org/visualizer.php?g ... 5&user=261 - Timed out at 1st turn
http://aichallenge.org/visualizer.php?g ... 9&user=261 - Timed out (handling 38 ants)
Ran the same map on local computer and everything works fine. How can this be possible ?
One more input - I use Numpy and some of the times , it fails the first time because of the time to import. I believe If a server already has the package imported in memory, then the the bots load fine.. I believe this can be one possible cause for 1st time failure. Can some one from organizers confirm ?
ksq
Cadet

Postby swordfishBob » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:25 am

I'm curious when the time is counted, and whether processing can be done outside that time.
The starter kit I looked at started counting time at the start of turn processing, after all new data had been received and processed. Since I analyze the world a bit when receiving map/ant/hill data, I moved my start time back to the start of a turn's data.
What if you put more more work into the cleanup, after submitting the turn's instructions? Would anyone care? How much time is there between a "go" and the start of the next turn?

I didn't experience timeouts except while a certain bug was causing half-handled crashes. Most turns well under 50ms on my laptop even with hundreds of ants.
swordfishBob
Lieutenant

Postby amstan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:35 am

Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Previous

Return to Game Specifications