[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Another game with questionable end condition

It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:30 am Advanced search

Another game with questionable end condition

Questions and discussions about the current Ant Game Rules.

Another game with questionable end condition

Postby BenJackson » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:25 pm

In this game my two opponents killed each other, making the score 2-2-1 "rank stabilized". They don't get a shot at me because having no hills they don't "count" (so they have no chance to change their tie) and there are no points left for me to score:

http://aichallenge.org/visualizer.php?g ... &user=3473
BenJackson
Colonel

Re: Another game with questionable end condition

Postby McLeopold » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:43 pm

EDITED:

I think we had some code to prevent the scoring leader from not being eliminated. I'll need to check it.
McLeopold
Contest Organizer

Postby Parasprites » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:11 pm

I've had games like that before, including one where the two other players captured each others hills simultaneously. I thought the cutoff was a bug until I realized what had happened.
Parasprites
Major-General

Postby McLeopold » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:35 pm

So, at one point I thought we had some code that checked some special conditions of the scoring leaders. It wasn't in the code base and I didn't find it in the history either, but I think we talked about it on irc. Given the fact that we are so close to finals, we are not going to change the rules anymore.

The best I can say is try to suicide enemies of your enemies to protect your enemies from their enemies until you control the map and wipe out your enemies on exactly the same turn for maximum profit.
McLeopold
Contest Organizer

Postby carlos.guia » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:28 pm

carlos.guia
Lieutenant

Return to Game Specifications