[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Ranking Bug

It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:29 am Advanced search

Ranking Bug

Questions and discussions about the current Ant Game Rules.

Ranking Bug

Postby KhipuKamayuq » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:46 am

One of my matches was not accounted for. (Have a look at the relative mu, sigma and skill changes.)
I hope this will not occur that often, and that I am the only unlucky bastard that tempted murphys fate.
I am a bit frustrated as this game might have changed my mu and sigma to the point where I might have gotten more games this evening. :cry:
AiChallengeFuckup.jpg
AiChallengeFuckup.jpg (288.24 KiB) Viewed 2675 times

http://aichallenge.org/profile.php?user=4905
KhipuKamayuq
Lieutenant

Re: Ranking Bug

Postby Darhuuk » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:30 am

I don't see it, all the values are different from the previous ones. I think you are talking about the fact that there is an "up" arrow next to your skill level, even though your skill dropped? In that case: this is normal, it is due to the way the ranking system works and because everyone's skill was reset.
Darhuuk
Colonel

Postby ChrisH » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:34 am

He's got a valid point:

mu 55.45 in the bottom highlighted game

then it goes up by +6.44 to 61.89 which is normal,

but then it goes down by -1.38 to 54.08 <--- woops, 61.89 - 1.38 should be 60.51 not 54.08.
ChrisH
Colonel

Postby KhipuKamayuq » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:35 am

KhipuKamayuq
Lieutenant

Postby Darhuuk » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:44 am

Darhuuk
Colonel

Postby KhipuKamayuq » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:58 am

That may have sth. to do with the fact (althougth very unlikely) that I clicked the "Latest Game" page by coincidence at the exact same time my bot was playing (first in list). That's probably nothing, but I had my share of rare SPU <-> RSX, Xenos <-> Xenon crashes which happened every 3 months or so due to some improper syncs, out of bounds writes, or dangeling pointers. And I am getting pretty 'hittler' when it comes to those kinds of (rare) bugs. :lol:

In the end please don't try to temper with the skills during the ranking (It might get only worse). Just try to assure that I can beat my archangel LSBOSS (no harm done dude). :twisted: Mhm, :idea: maybee even let us play against each other. :D
KhipuKamayuq
Lieutenant

Postby amstan » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:32 am

As I said in the announcement. Don't panic. Mcleopold and Janzert are working hard to have that not happening.
Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Postby KhipuKamayuq » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:42 pm

Now my played games count as 6 although one of my played 6 games still not acccounted for. A few minutes ago my game count was still 5. Therefore I thought, ok I'll get my missed game sometime later. Under the condition that it is still planed that everyone will play at least 10 games. Now its at 6 and I have not played any game for some time. I told you, please do not make it worse as it already is.
KhipuKamayuq
Lieutenant

Return to Game Specifications