[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - A decision has been made on the official map generator

It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:21 pm Advanced search

A decision has been made on the official map generator

News items related to the AI Challenge

Re: A decision has been made on the official map generator

Postby dimkadimon » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:43 am

dimkadimon
Major-General

Postby SamothRefoe » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:25 am

SamothRefoe
Captain

Postby antimatroid » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:38 am

antimatroid
Brigadier-General

Postby SamothRefoe » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:55 am

I'm not saying it shouldn't have been changed. As I said earlier, I care little, one way or the other. I'm simply saying I can understand why it bothers and upsets a few people.

Either way... Nice contest, I'm looking forward to dig deeper into it over the last week open to submissions...
SamothRefoe
Captain

Postby Accoun » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:59 am

Now you need to extend the contest for 2 weeks to atone for his terrible vacillation with a change in rules.
Accoun
Colonel

Postby Torquemada2 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:32 am

+1
Extend for 1 or 2 weeks will be good.
Torquemada2
Captain

Postby lavalamp » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:24 pm

I wouldn't mind an extra week or two but my wife is already fed up with me... :/
lavalamp
Colonel

Postby RebelXT » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:25 pm

RebelXT
Colonel

Postby DGL_Flash » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:32 pm

The change is ok in my eyes, because AI code has always to work at the whole set of possibilities allowed by the target domain.
Its like if the coders of a rescue bot would code a bot that only can rescue people wearing yellow jackets, because the test puppets had always yellow jackets.

I'm not happy with that neutral center planet. Why do we need something like this. I hope at line symmetric maps this planet is only somewhere on the symmetry axis and not in between the starting planets. Else it would be boring.
DGL_Flash
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby delt0r » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:55 pm

Honestly the fan fare with this minor map change is pretty silly. Is this AI challenge? Or win on just 100 maps and extra assumptions I make up for myself challenge?

Extra time? Seriously? That is a rule change, while a finalized map generator is not.

If everyone was really being so specific about the "rules and maps" then you would have noticed that the 100 maps where *not* necessarily representative of the final maps, and that the map gen was *not* finalized. Hell there are threads on here about "when will XXX be finalized" going back a long time with pretty recent posts. Its was not a secret. And yet the maps have not changed so much compared to the originals.

Someone doesn't like having their cheese moved. Well AI is about handling moved cheese. And seriously, it hasn't been moved much at all.
It was like that when I got here.
delt0r
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements