[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Ants is over!

It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:03 pm Advanced search

Ants is over!

News items related to the AI Challenge

Re: Ants is over!

Postby stupidquestions » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:01 am

Sooo... When's the next contest gonna be? :D

No, seriously, has anything been mentioned about that?

Edit: BTW, this was great, I wouldn't be asking for the next contest it it wasn't. ;)
stupidquestions
Captain

Postby franperuzzi » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:11 pm

KonaEarth's story just hit me close to home. I just watched my first game in the finals, and realized I seriously messed up my combat with my final release. That's what I get for making changes right up to the last minute. :oops:
franperuzzi
Captain

Postby jurifoll » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:45 pm

Thanks for orgonizing such a great contest!

Unfortunatly i started only a week ago and haven`t yet implemented all desired features and fixed some bugs. Should be any further ant competitions for revenge?
jurifoll
Cadet

Postby Frantic » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:14 pm

Oh, I wouldn't say it was "over". This is just the closing stage, where all our hard work is being put on the test.

This is where we where working to. It's really over when the final results are known.

Regards,

Frantic.
Frantic
Major

Postby zarkon » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:44 pm

Where do we report bugs?

http://aichallenge.org/visualizer.php?g ... 0&user=331

The game ends with reason "food not being gathered", which is obviously wrong (the game ends on turn 150, one of my ants gathered food on turn 147 and a new ant was spawned on turn 148). It's true that the opponent doesn't gather any food, but I don't think that's a good enough reason not to give me a chance to finish him off.

This seems to be consistent with the "food not being gathered" cutoff described on http://aichallenge.org/specification.php
, but that seems a little wrong. Maybe my bot doesn't gather food in the best way, but it's certainly not a starter bot (it did manage to blunder its way into top 100 a few times).

Maybe the rule for this cutoff should be a little more dynamic (no food gathered at all for 50 consecutive turns)? I admit it would be risky (impossible?) to change rules at this stage. However, there is a large percentage of starter bots in the competition and this cutoff rule poses the threat of many games ending prematurely.

Anyway, this was/is a great contest and great fun. Many thanks to the organizers for their hard work! Many thanks to the people who set up TCP servers!
zarkon
Lieutenant

Postby KonaEarth » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:55 pm

KonaEarth
Major

Postby boring » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:30 pm

My bot just timeouted for the first time ever. I have code in loops for checking remaining time, so it's really weird. Here's the game:

http://aichallenge.org/visualizer.php?g ... &user=9994 (my bot is "Boring", there's another timeouted bot)

Is this server showing any signs of abnormal behaviour like unusually high timeouted bot count? Is there any point in reporting such totally unexpected timeouts, can you filter out such games? It's so dissapointing to see this, because competition is not that long and every single game counts..
boring
Cadet

Postby ulysses » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:45 pm

Hi,

Just like to start with: A great competition! It's generated lots of interest in our office, some might say too much :)

Anyway I was wondering what happened with this game:

http://aichallenge.org/visualizer.php?g ... &user=9762

The bot version for apakanati doesn't appear to be the latest, is this a known issue?

I'm not complaining, after all my skill increased and it looks like I'd have been beaten by the other bots anyway, just wondering if there's an issue with how the bot versions are queued.

Cheers.
ulysses
Cadet

Postby zarkon » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:06 pm

zarkon
Lieutenant

Postby decaz » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:23 pm

decaz
Cadet

PreviousNext