[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - New TCP server running now

It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:28 pm Advanced search

New TCP server running now

News items related to the AI Challenge

New TCP server running now

Postby smiley1983 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:45 am

Last edited by smiley1983 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
smiley1983
Colonel

Re: New TCP server running now

Postby ramn » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:05 pm

Very nice, thanks for putting it online!
ramn
Cadet

Postby sky-coder » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:09 am

I'm in, thank you :)
sky-coder
Cadet

Postby smiley1983 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:31 am

The various games are now accessible through this page:

http://li414-97.members.linode.com/home

To return to that menu, just click on "home" in the header of any page.

Thank you to everyone who is running bots; please note that you are welcome to run as many bots as you like. If you run open source bots unmodified, please give them a name which tells people who they are playing against. For example, if there's a bot named "XYZZY", I would be running it as "system_XYZZY".

The Tron game and visualizer have made some progress, and I'm now working on a bot to play the game. There are TCP ports for 1v1 games and multiplayer games - however, the multiplayer server is currently only serving 1v1 games.

If someone wants to play multiplayer now, I just need a map generator which writes multiplayer maps into the same filename format which was used for Ants (or a few hand-coded maps). I'll write it myself eventually (after getting the Tron bot into some sort of working shape) if nobody else gets there first. The current multiplayer mapgen in symmetric_mapgen.py is partway there, and might serve as an acceptable starting point.

Feedback is welcome.
smiley1983
Colonel

Postby smiley1983 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:45 pm

PlanetWars Lives!

http://li414-97.members.linode.com:2090/

Bots should be run against port 2091.

Accessible through the home page as well:

http://li414-97.members.linode.com/home

Old bots will need to be modified to respond to "ready" on the first turn, just the same as "go".
They will also need to be able to cope with being told the turn number, as in "turn 26".

Thanks go to UncleVasya for doing the actual work of converting the old game to run on the new engine!
smiley1983
Colonel

Postby Manwe56 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Manwe56
Lieutenant

Postby smiley1983 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:21 am

smiley1983
Colonel

Postby eashoka » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:00 pm

Thanks a lot!

I was looking for a long time for TCP server on PlanerWars and I have a epic story to tell on that as well. Check here and here

I joined Ants as well (id : 'Ender'). No live players there at the moment ?

If you are ok to have more players playing on this, I can post about this server on reddit. It will get some publicity!

Cheers.
eashoka
Lieutenant

Postby eashoka » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:57 am

oops sorry! that reddit post seems to have overloaded the site home. It's now down!

here are the posts.

eashoka
Lieutenant

Postby Manwe56 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:25 am

Ender Bot is running pretty well!

To get more challenge, I hosted the following open source bots : Medrimonia, GreenTea, Smloh1 and Manwe56
I also added the starter package bots RageBot ProspectorBot and DualBot, so beginners can have a few victories!
All of them have the "system_" prefix.

I am working again on my code. I'll run it on the TCP once ready :)

In the time beeing, Merry Christmas!
Manwe56
Lieutenant

Next

Return to Announcements