[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - New TCP server running now

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:19 am Advanced search

New TCP server running now

News items related to the AI Challenge

Re: New TCP server running now

Postby smiley1983 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:47 am

smiley1983
Colonel

Postby smiley1983 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:07 pm

smiley1983
Colonel

Postby aerique » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:00 am

aerique
Brigadier-General

Postby smiley1983 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:53 pm

Yes, I agree that taking organizers out of the official final rankings would work. That just leaves the small problem of the codebase before the big problem of actually trying to run such a thing.

I should also add that if I were running a server myself, I wouldn't try to run anything "official" to begin with, more likely something along the lines of the beta testing server which ran before Ants, but offering a game like Chess or Tron to avoid creating a large pool of beta testers with months of extra knowledge of the specific contest problem.

I've looked more at the zeta codebase, and it's less complete than I had hoped. That means that the fastest path to a working server probably involves building from the epsilon codebase, but I don't want to do that myself. I'm still thinking about the options, learning a bit about sandboxes and hoping someone else acts first.
smiley1983
Colonel

Postby eashoka » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:48 am

eashoka
Lieutenant

Postby smiley1983 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:55 am

I'm pretty confident that the obstacle to running another official contest isn't a lack of people willing to donate money; the problem is gaining non-profit status so it doesn't attract a huge tax debt, and also perhaps something to do with ownership.

There's nothing to stop the community running something in the meantime, though.
smiley1983
Colonel

Postby ramn » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:30 am

ramn
Cadet

Postby eashoka » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:50 am

Noticed 2 bugs possibly in the TCP server code.

1) Some perfectly completed games (as shown in the command console where the local games are running) are not getting end up in the DB and not shown in the games page. I noticed this happen about 1 in every 20 game like..

2) Some games which have completed and recorded in the server have not taken into account in rating calculation. Even though they appear in a player's history, rating before and after the game is absolutely not changed (even thought it should).

If this is a possible threading issue in the framework, probably this is affecting Ants tcp server as well ? (I noticed the bugs in Planet Wars)
eashoka
Lieutenant

Postby smiley1983 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:09 am

Thank you for the bug report. It might be worth filing an issue on the github page.

Currently I'm busy with other things, and not likely to fix this; if anyone does find out exactly what's going wrong, please post here. If anyone fixes it, please issue a pull request on github and I will update the server code.

The various game servers are all running near-identical code with a few minor modifications, so it's very likely that this issue affects all of them.
smiley1983
Colonel

Postby GreenTea » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:41 am

GreenTea
Major

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements