[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - New TCP server running now

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:45 pm Advanced search

New TCP server running now

News items related to the AI Challenge

Re: New TCP server running now

Postby xxxss » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:29 pm

I can't connect to
Server home: http://li414-97.members.linode.com/home

Is it my problem, or server is not available?
xxxss
Cadet

Postby eashoka » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:48 am

Thanks Manwe!

I will also try to host one or two other top bots. I'm also trying to improve my bot a bit if time permits.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!
eashoka
Lieutenant

Postby smiley1983 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:12 pm

Happy New Year to all!

Thanks to all the people continuing to run bots on the server.

The servers do crash from time to time; I can set them running again once I notice, but sometimes it takes me a while. Alerting me on IRC can sometimes speed things up.

I wonder if the new year might bring another contest? :)
smiley1983
Colonel

Postby eashoka » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:01 pm

smiley1983, sure thing. will try to do that. :-)

Thanks again for the lovely work you are doing and thanks for the server!

Heartening to see competitions are slowly warming up. I see new players and activity on Ants as well.

Few suggestions to keep this going:
1) How about if we post a simple page with combined rankings (for all 3 games based on scores or ranks in each leaderboard) that might life interests further up.

2) In Ants, having 3 separate categories seems bit over ambitious as of now. only 2-3 active players in each section. If we combine all 3 together, then there will be more contestants I feel. Also, it will make things easier to produce combined rankings.

3) If the server failures are due to load/cpu issues, may be we can remove sample bots in planet wars ? 3 of them are playing tremendous number of games while even winning against them looses points for others.
eashoka
Lieutenant

Postby MrBFC » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:15 pm

Wil there be a new competition in the future? I can't wait to participate!
MrBFC
Cadet

Postby MrBFC » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi, will there be a new competition soon? Can't wait to participate in the next one!
MrBFC
Cadet

Postby Manwe56 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:38 pm

Happy new year everyone :)

eashoka, I think your tree suggestions are good : For 1) I did not participate to tron, so it would be an occasion ^^
For 2) three ants categories are oversize. Sky is in the three, and he plays in each category agains only one contestant. If there is one category, I'll put mine in :)
3) I stopped the sample bots : I don't think they had an impact on the load, but they clearly made the rankings more random. Now positions don't move a lot.

Is there also a possibility to have a filtered view of the rankings with only bots that were present in the past few days/weeks? Across time and the contestant present, the skills might vary, so I think it is better if we can have a ranking with bots that were really confronted against each other.
Manwe56
Lieutenant

Postby eashoka » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:38 am

xxxss : Change the url in your tcpclient command line to have the actual IP. I think your issue is one related to resolving DNS. I tried with 106.187.94.97 instead of linode and it worked for me.
eashoka
Lieutenant

Postby aerique » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:20 am

aerique
Brigadier-General

Postby smiley1983 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:40 am

smiley1983
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements