[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - New TCP server running now

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:46 am Advanced search

New TCP server running now

News items related to the AI Challenge

Re: New TCP server running now

Postby Weir_Doe » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:00 pm

Thanks a lot for hosting the server, I am on it is good to be playing again. Now if only I could read my code...

A few questions, because I don't really know what is going on. In case it is relevant I am using Octave coding a bot for Ants.

I seem to be running out of time much earlier than I did when the competition was running, is this due to how the system is setup? I am getting a print trace of every an ant makes to my terminal, would suppressing this somehow perhaps speed things up so that I wouldn't run out of time so easily?
Previously I could get to 150 Ants without any danger of time restrictions, on this server I seem to be limited to around 100.

Do I need to leave my connection running indefinitely? If I reconnect at a later stage does that count as a resubmission?

Thanks again for hosting!
Weir_Doe
Cadet

Postby smiley1983 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:52 am

smiley1983
Colonel

Postby UncleVasya » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:57 am

UncleVasya
Lieutenant

Postby smiley1983 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:12 pm

Indeed, running in cygwin could be the reason. :) Feel free to increase your actual time limit until you see the sort of performance you were accustomed to on the server. You could tell your bot it has 1 second, and then adjust up or down as needed.
smiley1983
Colonel

Postby Elalfer » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:51 pm

Hello all,

I can't connect to the server as well as home page http://li414-97.members.linode.com:2086/home

Is it possible to fix it? I really like to try my bot :)

Thanks,
Ilya
Elalfer
Cadet

Postby smiley1983 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:48 am

I will be taking this TCP server down in about a month. If anyone wants to take over, we might be able to preserve the database of games - post here or find me in IRC sometime.

Thank you to everyone who has run bots on this server. As always, the code is available here:

https://github.com/smiley1983/ants-tcp

Ants, Asteroids prototype, Tron, Planetwars, the beginnings of a Risk-like game - I won't be working on any of this soon, but it would be great to see another contest some day.

If anyone is interested in updating the old contest framework (or building a new one), I found a nice sandbox module called isolate from the Moe Contest Environment:

http://www.ucw.cz/moe/

Good luck to anyone working toward a new aichallenge in any form!
smiley1983
Colonel

Postby stevie » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:45 pm

smiley,
Are there any non-sample bots (written by players) included in the github package? I couldn't find any and want to locally try my bot against other people's bots? I recall that there were some System_* bots when your server was up.

Thanks...
stevie
Lieutenant

Postby smiley1983 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi,

I've added a file called antbot_dist.tar.bz2 to the ants-tcp github repository. It contains all of the open-sourced (and some binary) bots I could find, including all the ones I ran on the server.

If you're looking for the planetwars bots, let me know and I'll see what I can locate.

Enjoy. I'm glad to see that there's still some interest in Ants. :)
smiley1983
Colonel

Previous

Return to Announcements