[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Hi with questions

It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:59 pm Advanced search

Hi with questions

New members are welcomed here to introduce themselves, meet your opponents here.
This is a place for website/account issues too.

Hi with questions

Postby nateman » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi,

I have done programing before with visual python. In which I was always working within the python shell. This however is new to me and I can't seem to get started. I downloaded the starter package and Python27, but when I try to work through the ant tutorial I get stuck. I assume I am correct in the fact that I should be running through the cmd window.
My current problem is it that it says it does not know python. Is this because in the tree it is python27?

Is there a good tutorial out there for using python (not programing in but just how to use on a computer running windows)?

I found but this doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for. Although I'll need it soon.

When the states:
Run the program with: python prime.py --max 1337
What does that mean? Where should I put that? What directory do I need to be in?

Sorry I think I'm lacking the basics of how a computer works and some of the basic terminology. (My only formal training has been in FORTRAN )

Thanks for any help.
nateman
Cadet

Re: Hi with questions

Postby aburgh33 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:22 pm

You probably have to add the python directory to your PATH system environment variable.

http://geekswithblogs.net/renso/archive ... ows-7.aspx
aburgh33
Cadet

Postby nateman » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:59 pm

Thanks for your help,

What should the path read?

I added C:Python27 to the path as described above.

However when I try typing python --version it still tells me python is not recognized.

I have Vista if that matters at all.
nateman
Cadet

Postby nateman » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:04 am

So I can run python in Interactive Mode, I can create notepad files, and I can run playgame.py but I can't run tutorial it says:
python: can't open file 'tools/playgame.py' : [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I think I created the path for it but I may not have it right. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
nateman
Cadet

Return to Introductions