[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Top 3 bots are first submissions!?!?

It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:01 am Advanced search

Top 3 bots are first submissions!?!?

New members are welcomed here to introduce themselves, meet your opponents here.
This is a place for website/account issues too.

Re: Top 3 bots are first submissions!?!?

Postby franperuzzi » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:09 pm

Isn't all the code open to the public? I remember seeing a reddit link to the github site months ago. I clicked the link, saw that the actual contest hadn't started yet, and made a mental note to keep my eyes open for the actual start. If I'd been motivated, I could have downloaded the code, volunteered, or done any number of other things, as you could have too.

I guess what I'm saying is that the only thing separating the people with a headstart is motivation. There is no unfair advantage. If you want a headstart, I suggest setting up a google alert for aichallenge and watching appropriate news sources for word of next year's contest.
franperuzzi
Captain

Postby mac » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:18 pm

As already said in this very thread, I'm not so concerned about my final ranking, but I can understand that others are... Maybe a way to at least give proper credit to people who started later and still did good would be to have two ranking pages: one - as it is now - with all the bots. This would be the official ranking.. A second (auxiliary) ranking could be provided with only the bot whose first submission happened after the beta period.

This way people who joined after the beta could still have a taste for how well they did in a level environment (and take the due pride in scoring at the top of this ranking), but being the official ranking the other one, the beta tester that - for as much advantage they might have - made this entire competition possible through they work wouldn't be penalised.

What do the contest organisers think about this?
mac
Brigadier-General

Postby amstan » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:41 pm

Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Postby mac » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:08 am

mac
Brigadier-General

Postby amstan » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:59 am

Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Postby judeling » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:29 pm

Botz iz Botz.

Having several strong bots to play against early gives you a great measure of progress.
judeling
Cadet

Previous

Return to Introductions