It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:03 am Advanced search

Another "Hey" ...

New members are welcomed here to introduce themselves, meet your opponents here.
This is a place for website/account issues too.

Another "Hey" ...

Postby TeaTime » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:59 am

Hey guys,

First of all: this project is very nice and a lot of fun to watch, great job! Now it's my part to build my own ants as well :D
I study mechanical engineering and i'm very interested in AI, ants, swarm intelligence / robotics, etc and found this great site by browsing the web about those topics.
It's exactly what i was looking for; a lot of fun for taking the challenge of learning to code (in c++).

Programming my own c++ code is a pretty new challenge for me - i had a few essential experiences in one of my university courses, but we just learned the basics of objective programming (in c++), so this is my first "real" project to complete ;)

I'm already familiar with the structure of the c++ starter package and added a few lines of code by my own, but it could be better! Searching this Board i found a few helpful threads about coding the ants in c++, but if you know any threads about the ant-implementation in c++ it would be great you would post 'em here. :roll: :)

Thank you!
TeaTime
Cadet

Return to Introductions