[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Hi from codefun!

It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:24 am Advanced search

Hi from codefun!

New members are welcomed here to introduce themselves, meet your opponents here.
This is a place for website/account issues too.

Hi from codefun!

Postby codefun64 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:44 pm

Hey Google and fellow coders! I'm new to this contest after just finding out about it, and am ecstatic to begin working on my bot. This is just the sort of contest I didn't even think existed; a game AI contest that's officially supported by a major company! I'm really happy to join in and am working on my bot immediately. Just a few things I'm wondering about however:

For Perl, where is the program starter package I've heard of? I'm an avid perl coder and was joyful to see I can use it here! Where is the starter package, though?

Is my bot allowed to make MORE than one move per second, or is it a strictly one per second limit, no more, no less?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, after looking at the video on the front page of the site, the red one is making moves alot slower than one per second. What is the time rule referring to?
codefun64
Cadet

Re: Hi from codefun!

Postby Terr » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:11 pm

Terr
Brigadier-General

Postby codefun64 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:41 pm

So basically the server waits a second at the beginning, at the end of that second assuming you both made a move they move to their planets, but what happens when one of you gets to the target first? You get to take a second to make a move while your enemy is still moving to his target, or does he stop moving while you make a decision?

Also where is the perl starter kit? I've searched for "perl" but what I found I don't think was the starter's kit...
codefun64
Cadet

Postby codefun64 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:03 am

OK... I obviously didn't pay much attention when reading the description of this contest.

I now understand the perl issue and what's what, sorry for sounding dumb, never entered a coding contest before :)
codefun64
Cadet

Return to Introductions