It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:01 pm Advanced search

Yo + couple a questions...

New members are welcomed here to introduce themselves, meet your opponents here.
This is a place for website/account issues too.

Yo + couple a questions...

Postby jaman4dbz » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Hello, I'm a recent graduate from Windsor, and I'm so happy that this competition isn't just for students =P.
I mean, I may as well be the same as a 4th year student, 'cause I JUST graduated.

Anywho, I had a couple questions.
1. Is their a place where I can find all of the functions each class has? Or do I just have to look around the source code?
2. Am I allowed to add to the makefile for the C++ package? I'd like to have my own set of compilations for different bots I create.
EDIT:
3. Are we allowed to alter the library given to us for manipulating the bot? I would assume yes, but ya never know.
Am I correct in thinking that it doesn't matter how your bot works as long as it sends the text to the game in the right format.
EDIT: Answer to number 3 is yes. I just looked at the source, and their is a comment specifying you can alter it.

Hmmm... I swear I had more questions, but I can't remember them.

Anyways good luck to everyone, and I'm looking forward to battlin' y'all.
jaman4dbz
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Yo + couple a questions...

Postby amstan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:04 pm

You can alter any part of the zip package. Makefiles will be ignored, they're not used, the code is compiled with a different script.
About function documentation for the starter package, idk. Checking the source would be your best bet, that way you actually know what's going on.
Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Re: Yo + couple a questions...

Postby jaman4dbz » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Cool, thanks for the info.

Further, is boost supported on the competition server yet?

I wouldn't have to be searching for a new GCC that supports TR1 for mac, if you accept boost =P.
jaman4dbz
Lieutenant-Colonel

Return to Introductions